• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what is sought after year of 2002’s bside the tii, touring

RedHook

What about a Verona red 1970 2002 TI? Of course a 2002 TI alpina factory race car would probably be the best. Unfortunately they are so rare that they are essentially unobtainum. You could of course build your own?

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

• Like 4

The First thing is to have an untroubled mind. The Second thing is to know your purpose. Illigitimati Non Carborundum

17 minutes ago, tisalover said:

What about a Verona red 1970 2002 TI? Of course a 2002 TI alpina factory race car would probably be the best. Unfortunately they are so rare that they are essentially unobtainum. You could of course build your own?

IMG_4161.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

Peter, 

That’s straight up cheating ?

Grice

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

I think it is all up to who is asking the question. for paint, there are many great options, I personally enjoy the metallic paints, more specifically Polaris silver. and some people like Golf yellow... Yea I don't see why or how...
At the same time, the year depends on where you live. If you live in CA, like I do, you will want a pre-smog car (1973 and prior). Another deciding factor between the years is mostly appearance IMO. For example, pre 74 cars have 2 tone door panels with a "chrome" piece separating the 2 colors. Also, the dash in the 74-76 cars have a different gauge cluster as well as seats. different years have different colors so that can be a factor. A 2002Tii makes more power from its MFI and has some other goodies including bigger brakes. Some people prefer having a carb (or carbs), in that case, a 2002ti would be ideal. 2 other things to consider are AC and a sunroof. Again, they depend on where you are and the kind of weather you deal with. 

Overall it depends on the kind of money and time you have. My totally bias opinion is a 1973 Polaris silver TII (I'm ignoring the 74 turbo cuz that's not gonna happen for me any time soon). Although this is what I prefer, that's just because it is what I have, and the color that I hope to paint it in the future. It's been said before and its true, a 2002 is a hot rodded 1600-02, because of this, I and many others would recommend that you do what you want with your car and don't just try to keep it stock for resale purposes (unless you have a PERFECT example). Due to this, depending on what you want to do there may be no difference to you between a 73 and a 68 for your situation(like if you are @ray_ and just toss an E30 M3 motor in regardless), in other situations, it could make all the difference.

Edited by I'm SpaghetTii