• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

License Plate Lights - OMG

Jbaumshelter

Perfect. This just made my decision to get the euro rear bumper with the license plate lights in them.  In fact the new rear bumper is cheaper than just those light covers!  

• Like 2

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

One “fell off” my car when it was transported from Colorado to Virginia- another one “fell off” when my car was at the shop.  

Just think if these didn’t get run over or stolen along the way there are at least two +$500 parts just laying on the ground out there.  

Real treasures. Until someone decides to produce them again.  Back to sub $20.00?

Edited by Dionk

If my wife sees those prices she'll make me sell the new ones i squirreled away several years ago.

Wish I woulda bought the grilles that time.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Not sure why folks see that as soooo surprising really, look at the cost of all the trim pieces and especially grilles (for 16oo's and o2's) .....and I can think of one or two on this board (not sure who though....???) that would nearly give up an organ for some of the NOS embossed 16oo belt line trim....?

Edited by markmac

2 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

Let's hope @AceAndrewdoesn't charge that much for his repros. -KB

Haha, yeah …..no.

I'm going full hog on a billet injection mold for these, so figure a million-billion of them will be produced.  Up front cost is high, but price per piece isn't bad.  Going out on a limb in hoping more than a couple people want them.

28972141377_4728bd18bc_c.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, jrhone said:

Perfect. This just made my decision to get the euro rear bumper with the license plate lights in them.  In fact the new rear bumper is cheaper than just those light covers!  

The same seller has those lights for you also :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PORSCHE-904-GTS-2-x-HELLA-LICENCE-PLATE-LIGHT-VINTAGE-NOS/263840138628?hash=item3d6e190584:g:swwAAOSwMNxXa7ce

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

6 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

I guess I should hook mine up.

yup

2017 ORS 816.320¹ 

Lighting equipment required for motor vehicles

This section establishes requirements for ORS 816.330 (Operation without required lighting equipment). Where specific types of lighting equipment are mentioned by this section, those types are types described under ORS 816.040 (Lighting equipment standards) to 816.290 (End load lights). Except where an exemption under ORS 816.340 (Exemptions from required equipment)specifically provides otherwise, a vehicle that does not comply with this section is in violation of ORS 816.330 (Operation without required lighting equipment):

(1)A motor vehicle shall be equipped with all of the following in addition to any other requirements under this section:

(a)Headlights. Motor vehicles other than motorcycles or mopeds shall be equipped with at least two. Motorcycles or mopeds shall be equipped with at least one.

(b)Taillights. Motor vehicles other than motorcycles shall be equipped with two taillights. Motorcycles are only required to be equipped with one taillight.

(c)Registration plate light.

(d)Brake lights. Motor vehicles other than motorcycles and mopeds shall be equipped with at least two brake lights. Motorcycles and mopeds are only required to be equipped with one brake light.

(e)Turn signal lights.

(f)Rear reflectors.

• Haha 1