• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Paul Wegweiser - I’ll take it

tomphot

Back then, we saw the real value was driving them.

Case in point- I put about 250k on my E30M3. Once it's all back together we're going for another 250k. Don't know what it will be worth to a collector by then, but the memories are priceless.

• Like 1

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

I remember seeing Jeff Mulchahey's  Ceylon Tii 2761750 probably 20 years ago here in Atlanta in his garage. I had never seen a Ceylon Tii, much less one with virtually every Alpina piece made for the 2002. He'd found most if not all the Alpina stuff in his search around the country, such as a complete A4 system in a boneyard, close ratio box, finned diff cover, etc. If memory serves a Divorce and a relocation was causing the sale. It was a bunch of money  but probably worth it then and a real bargain if you could find it today. Curious that the area code shown is 205 which today is central Alabama. 

73 2002 Tii Sold

71 2002 Ti Vintage racecar

84 BMW 325 E-Prod racecar Sold

4 minutes ago, RussTii said:

I remember seeing Jeff Mulchahey's  Ceylon Tii 2761750 probably 20 years ago here in Atlanta in his garage. I had never seen a Ceylon Tii, much less one with virtually every Alpina piece made for the 2002. He'd found most if not all the Alpina stuff in his search around the country, such as a complete A4 system in a boneyard, close ratio box, finned diff cover, etc. If memory serves a Divorce and a relocation was causing the sale. It was a bunch of money  but probably worth it then and a real bargain if you could find it today. Curious that the area code shown is 205 which today is central Alabama. 

The post marks on the newsletters are Birmingham.

I remember those pre-internet days when it came to doing what he did with the Alpina parts, Wow.  I have a bunch of letters the PO sent while he was working on my Tii back in the day, a lot of patience needed!

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

22 minutes ago, RussTii said:

The Roundel Seller in '95 & '96 was in Atlanta, GA, and the ad stated Sellers name as Melissa. Maybe he didn't sell it in '89 & moved it to GA from AL?

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

I turned down a complete A4 setup for 300 dollars back in 99 while buying my 5sp and 3.91LSD. The words, or rather this sentence actualy came out of my mouth. "Na, I don't need those, I'v already got a set of 40 DCOE's." Kicker was, I had the 300 on me.

Sigh

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fresh squeezed horseshoes and hand grenades

3 hours ago, SteveJ said:

Back then, we saw the real value was driving them.

Case in point- I put about 250k on my E30M3. Once it's all back together we're going for another 250k. Don't know what it will be worth to a collector by then, but the memories are priceless.

Steve,

My tongue was firmly in cheek as I wrote my comment on mileage. I believe many ‘02’s today have 100,000, 200,000, or even 300,000 miles more on them than their owners realize. Just as you say, we bought these cars for driving and we drove them — lots!

A shockingly-high number of owners, however, believe a five-digit odometer in a car with a history of speedometer head, odometer, and speedometer cable failure is a reliable indicator of mileage. Hmmm.... ?

Regards,

Steve C.

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

On 8/25/2018 at 7:38 PM, jgerock said:

Tom-  any way you can copy me those registry newsletters? 

I'm pretty sure Keith Kreeger has a binder with all the tii register newsletters which he'd brought to Mid Am this year. That's the Arkansas show, Jim. ?

He had the member list also. Of course I looked for (and found) my name.

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

6 minutes ago, ray_ said:

.....Of course I looked for (and found) my name.

Cheers,

And how did that make you feel?  ?

Best regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, ray_ said:

I'm pretty sure Keith Kreeger has a binder with all the tii register newsletters which he'd brought to Mid Am this year. That's the Arkansas show, Jim. ?

He had the member list also. Of course I looked for (and found) my name.

Cheers,

Think I have a couple copies of those newsletters- possibly copies given to me by Keith Kreeger in about 2007.

I will be at the MidAmerica fest in the Spring.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

I have a bunch of those in the basement. 

I have Volume 4, which is four issues, and Volume 5, Issue 1, which sort of looks like it might have been the last one.  

Volume 1 had 2 issues

Volume 2 had 2 issues

Volume 3 had 4 issues

I'm happy to copy these things for people.  But I don't have them all, obviously.  

Scott

Edited by saaron

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

5 hours ago, Conserv said:

...a history of speedometer head, odometer, and speedometer cable failure is a reliable indicator of mileage. Hmmm.... 

Steve C.

Yeah.

The 87000 miles indicated on my Alfa only means the odometer "worked" for that many miles. However, I doubt all the other systems really worked all that much more. 

• Like 1

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes