• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Baur progress - adding some details

2002FjordBaur

Adding some detailing to the car...

Home made under bonnet stickers, a repainted Baur badge and the original VIN plate back on until i can get the new one printed and stamped.

IMG_1213.thumb.JPG.1505446ed6c3718785471ae1481891b1.JPG

Under hood sound deadening panels - i know not strictly original spec but thought i'd try a full coverage and see if it helps with suppressing engine noise? However, not sure if i have the correct

material? I've used a 20mm closed-cell foam but it does feel very soft and easily damaged - lets see if it lasts?

IMG_1342.thumb.JPG.4b6b3b1b392069b2eca7876559ae5271.JPG

And some 3D printed homemade HT lead clamps – i have some lovely blue silicone HT leads that were just looking a bit unkempt!

FZZP9439.thumb.JPG.7035ace5d31206638f74db39d3dabd68.JPG

• Like 7

Franc.

The car looks clean.

What material did you use for the spark plug wire holders?  I've been trying to figure out what I want to do about my wires- thank you for getting me to think about the problem this way.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

38 minutes ago, irdave said:

Franc.

The car looks clean.

What material did you use for the spark plug wire holders?  I've been trying to figure out what I want to do about my wires- thank you for getting me to think about the problem this way.

Printed those clamps in ABS and a couple of adapted 'L' brackets for the metal part. Seems to be holding up okay so far, but they are close to a strong heat source so lets see how long they last? I should get a laser temp gun and see what sort of heat they're exposed to? 

But i only use ABS with anything i print for the car, obviously nothing safety critical but a lot of trim, gear knob, handbrake grip, knobs and heater box supports/fins have all been printed and are performing well. 

If i could find a realistic chrome spray paint, i have a couple of Baur specific bits of trim i'm hoping to print as well.

Edited by franc falco