• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That's when I knew I needed one

Asdetreffe

A year ago I got an old road bicycle , a 7 speed  Ross Carrera .The only thing I could find out about it was the name of the store that the bike came from, they had a sticker with their info on it , and that it was older then me . After I had the old bike in good running condition , I  started biking regularly , and I started to explore the area I lived in , going further and further every day . One morning I woke up a little early  , intending to go little further ,  and as I got closer to the down town area of the city where I lived I came across a classic car dealership. They had a variety of vehicle , from American classic to European luxury .

The most desirable one were lined up the closest to the street , the 50's Ford , Chevy ,and the muscle . On the the other side they had a series of smaller vehicles , the ones I guess got overshadowed by the more expensive american classics on the lot. A black 65 Chevrolet Corvaire, with red leather interior ,  a Fiat coupe , that I didn't pay much attention to it , because I was drawn by that bright green boxy thing that sat in the corner .  It was a mint 1975 2002 , I wasn't quite sure I was reading the paper that was on the dashboard right. The car was in great condition , according to the paper it was part of a larger car collection , and they had acquired it after the owner had passed . The attendant that was on the lot didn't even bother looking my way, to him I was just some random guy on a bike that was probably too broke to afford the car , and I was . No matter how clean that car look , and how bad I wanted it , it was above what I could afford at the time , or at least it would have made no sense to me investing that kind of money . That did not stop me from dreaming though ; I went home that day and research the 02 and found out a hole lot about them , I came across this website , lurked in the background reading stories and browsing trough pictures , hopping one day I would be able to afford a least desirable one that I could fix and make my own. Little did I know that a year later, I would  quit my job , move to Georgia , get a place with an actual garage , and buy an 02 in the fallowing month of the move .

Now i'm wrenching away in my 02 , while I save spare change here and there , buying parts and tools to get this little thing up and running .

IMG_20170415_103655.thumb.jpg.31fd0305ac2958e0ff115ee2f48b9341.jpg

IMG_20170415_103525.jpg

IMG_20170415_103534.jpg

IMG_20170415_103547.jpg

IMG_20170415_103557.jpg

IMG_20170415_103616.jpg

IMG_20170415_103624.jpg

IMG_20170415_103715.jpg

IMG_20171211_164624.jpg

• Like 4

Good call on the Mint, still my favorite 02 color!  Where in GA are you located?  I and my Mint ('Asterix') are in the Lawrenceville area.  Hope to see your car in person sometime!

And slightly off topic, but since you posted the picture, nice bike!  I love all bikes made with proper lugs, and as such I'm going to recommend that if you ever need parts for it, check out these guys, as they're one of the last hold-outs for bikes of such styles.  And their Silver shifters are to die for; try them you'll never again be able to comprehend why any other bicycle shifter even exists.  (They also make a quill-mount for them if you want to keep your shifters there instead of on the bar ends.

https://www.rivbike.com/collections/shifting/products/silver-shifters-bar-end-kit-17089

I live in Loganville , so pm we can make it happen, but my car is in no where near running condition. Thank unfortunately the bike is out of commission. I still got the frame but the fork got damaged due to an accident. I literally picked up an old swinn yesterday , and have a couple of other bikes.

Great story!
I know a great car painter in marietta that can help you live out your mint dreams when your car is ready for it.
When he told me he painted an o2 about 30 years ago that's when I was sold on him!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On 8/30/2018 at 12:56 AM, Bibm5 said:

Great story!
I know a great car painter in marietta that can help you live out your mint dreams when your car is ready for it.
When he told me he painted an o2 about 30 years ago that's when I was sold on him!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Sounds great , but my car is far from needing a paint job. I'll be needing some body work 1st. Lots of it ?