• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mud flaps

jagg2029

i had my friend who had the factory for mud flaps so i gave the sample to them and ask that he can make it or not and after that he can make it samw like 95-99% same like sample then i ask how about MOQ. he said 500 pairs and price will be $210. so i want to ask people in this group what is your opinion about this? 

mudflap.jpg

I take these are original?

I'd take a pair, but before plunking down that kind of money, I'd like to see side-by-side pics with originals. A google search shows two different types. My biggest concern is the rubber holding up. If his minimum run is 500, I doubt we see any.

these originals below are different. were there different designs?

Mudflaps+1.jpg

Edited by joebarthlow

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

4 hours ago, jagg2029 said:

it had 2 design 1 normal 02 2 it for tii If I'm not wrong

Screenshot_20180904-144021_Messenger.jpg

I would find it extremely hard to believe that BMW produced a different mudflap for tii’s: even their OEM alloy rims were targeted at the entire range of sub-models, 1600-2 through 2002tii. Different suppliers for mudflaps over time? Now that’s a possibility.

Below, from a 1972 U.S. dealer accessories brochure.

I believe the pair on my 1970, purchased new in late 1973 or early 1974, looked like Joe’s mudflaps.

While I think it’s a wonderful idea to reproduce these, and other parts, and $210 seems like a reasonable price for a good duplicate of the originals, selling 500 copies could be a long row to hoe.... ?

Regards,

Steve

F3B497C2-9112-4EF1-BAA8-031D430C4A54.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

50 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Regards,

Steve

F3B497C2-9112-4EF1-BAA8-031D430C4A54.jpeg

This brochure shows the (2) different BMW part numbers in the lower right hand side.  4 cylinder models used a different part than the 6 cylinder models.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Not to be a party pooper, but I am going to guess the administrator would not want those sold through this website  . . .  

From BMW's website:

The BMW Group's Brand Protection team is actively combating product piracy worldwide and training everyone involved in the sales process, such as customs departments and authorities. If you spot what you suspect to be a counterfeit product, please contact the Brand Protection team. Doing so will protect your own safety, as well as the safety of many other people!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

these originals below are different. were there different designs?

Mudflaps+1.jpg

Yes, at least 2 designs.  I purchased a set like the ones you depicted in the early 80s - white paint on black rubber.

• Like 1

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif