• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Future Bring-a-Trailer car?

02Les

It appears to have a 2 liter engine with a two barrel carb, based on the air cleaner... which has a lid like I have never seen before!  Ribs like the '76 lids, but with a dimple in the center, where the roundel would be.  The ribs are similar, but the shape is not as flattened as the '76 lids.  That is an odd one.  I wonder what it was on originally?  Super cool!

619502413_mysteryaircleanerlid.JPG.a1c5b179d39f31af098b2d161741c622.JPG

Sunroof, swan neck, proper steering wheel... originally Manila.  Lovely

Even has the obligatory bottle of oil in the passenger cowl :)

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

With a 153xxxx VIN, it's assuredly a six volt '67 (unless converted) --the shape of the regulator makes the 6v kinda iffy--most 6v cars I've seen have a square regulator that looks exactly like the one that perches atop the generator on a 6v VW Beetle.  Too bad we can't see the battery or the engine #.  Definitely a US version as the gauges speak English and are in miles.

On most cars I've seen of that vintage, the outside mirror is mounted at the front edge of the door.  It also looks like the front strut bearings have been replaced, as they have long studs, which a car of that vintage wouldn't have.  And it's got the rare trim rings on the hubcaps too.  

Someone should jump on this one....

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

+1 to what all of you said already!

Nice.  Especially rare with factory sunroof.  Still has its “football” windshield washer reservoir. Find a 1.6-liter engine (free to cheap), build it to 1600ti specs (not so cheap), and go to town (priceless).

My records suggest VIN 1531244 would probably be an early July 1967 car.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Evidence of a fender-mount antenna on the right front fender. I had one on my ‘67 — not attractive ?— but replaced it with an A-pillar antenna when I had the car re-painted.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)