• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

wheel restoration companies Bay Area

conkitchen

Anyone have a good resource to refurbish vintage wheels in the SF Bay or Sac Area? 

Wheels America I have, briefly spoken with, but I'm getting that set up for disapointment feeling they are just a franchise production based establishment.  The girl on the phone knew nothing and the guy there wanted to know what make and model car it was for when I told him it's a BBS after market wheel. It needs to have the center shaved. I asked if they do machining of wheels. He just retreated to "I can't tell you what we can do without seeing the wheel".  

Any leads appreciated. 

But what do I know

What wheel is it (one piece, three piece....).  It sounds like you have a two or three piece wheel and it feels like you need separate services, one to possibly do some machining on the inside of the center to help make it fit? and then someone to make them pretty?  I needed a little taken off of the inside of a 15" alpina (long, long time ago) and had trouble then finding someone to do it, probably wouldn't be the case now.  A lot depends on how much 'meat' is in the center, the less obviously the more sketchy that activity would be.  Long time ago I had Harvey Weidman (Weidman's Wheels, Porsche wheel resto expert but will do any high quality wheel). do my centers, my outer rims are aluminum so a good polisher can handle that.  As far as wheel / tire questions.  Roger Kraus Racing.  BBS distributor and expert.  No one better (anywhere imo).  Friendly and helpful.  They have worked on my Alpina's a number of times (and are about the only ones that can mount/balance flat based rims).

007.JPG

Edited by markmac

Rite-Way in Walnut Creek. On Alpine,  near 680/24.

They straightened and (sub'd out) powder coating on my tii alloys and my E30 M3 BBS's.  They have good reviews with the wire wheel crowd as well.

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes