• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a back seat in black

Fraidknots

As a recent 2002 owner, this forum has been invaluable, so thanks to all.

I am looking for a back seat for my 72-76 2002, in black, but I am also open to tan or blue. I am in Mass but I am ok with shipping. I recently used Greyhound and it was pretty reasonable.  Anyone that has  one to sell, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Edited by Fraidknots
Update

1974 is a one-year-only seat style, considerably narrowing your potential candidates. Suggestion? Find the best seat you can find, including any color, including dark blue and beige (tan), and dye the seats black if they’re dark blue or beige. Modern vinyl dyes, e.g., SEM, are very good.

Below: 1974-only seat.

Regards,

Steve

71E33B05-6552-4131-B374-BEFA43F93358.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

2 hours ago, Fraidknots said:

Great idea! Thank you. What about getting another year in black, would that be a big deal?  Right now the backseat is in black suede so anything would be better than that nation point ha ha 

If your search range is 1966 through 1977, your search will obviously be much easier. The U.S.-spec cars switched to retractable rear seat belts around 1972(?). The seat frames were modified at this time to accommodate retractable belts. Stated differently, a very early seat bottom might not fit with retractable seat belts.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)