• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bimmer_b
Go to solution Solved by Tommy,

5 hours ago, 72pdx02 said:

IE shortened coil overs with eibach race springs. Dunlop 185/60/14 tires. I recently sold these and went back to 13” wheels but I did like them a lot. 

I wasn't sure whether to get 60 or 65 so I got 65, but if it looks weird i guess I can go to 60s. Hard to tell since I don't have the suspension on yet though. 

Ana B. 

Check out my 2002tii restoration :D 

More random BMW/2002Tii Posts ? https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_b/

I’ve tried many many different suspension set ups, too many bike crashes and years of boxing makes me enjoy my “a lot less harsh” setup now, I did all new OEM rubber bushes, eibach springs and bilstein HD’s on 13” 185x70’s which is about right for my tired old bones? it gives me a 2 inch drop and nice ride, handles well enough. I added fixed camber plates and will go to updated sway bars soon, too low can be a right pain! 
my young nephew however roasts me for my marshmallow 70 series tyres… but then he’s only crashed his bike twice!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Pretty much a summary of what's already on here, but here is the article I wrote for the DC region magazine that came out today if anyone is interested in some light reading. 

sep_oct_22_db_final_r_web_links_p0002_lo
WWW.NXTBOOK.COM

Experience our interactive, profoundly engaging digital publication!

• Like 7

Ana B. 

3 hours ago, bimmer_b said:

Pretty much a summary of what's already on here, but here is the article I wrote for the DC region magazine that came out today if anyone is interested in some light reading. 

sep_oct_22_db_final_r_web_links_p0002_lo
WWW.NXTBOOK.COM

Experience our interactive, profoundly engaging digital publication!

I just love the story and your work looks great! Let me know when you have time to come to New Castle to help with mine  ?

• Like 1

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

15 hours ago, JohnS said:

That was really well done.  My daughter is starting to show interest in my cars, I can only hope...

That’s awesome. Even if she doesn’t pursue a career in it, it’s always just good to know about your car and how to make minor repairs. Maybe see if she’d be interested in a shop class if they have those around where you are. 

• Like 2

Ana B. 

• 2 weeks later...

Started putting the suspension on Saturday, but ran into issues with the front so I'm waiting on more parts. I did get the rear in and I think it looks good so far. A little stiff just because I'm used to whatever was in there before and I went with the Bilstein sport with H&R sports. 

305460201_751610525940066_4346270398620985504_n.jpg

• Like 1

Ana B. 

1 hour ago, bimmer_b said:

Started putting the suspension on Saturday, but ran into issues with the front so I'm waiting on more parts. I did get the rear in and I think it looks good so far. A little stiff just because I'm used to whatever was in there before and I went with the Bilstein sport with H&R sports. 

305460201_751610525940066_4346270398620985504_n.jpg

Im going to suggest you reconsider your shock choice. Bilstein Sports offered for most cars are an ok choice for a street car but some are different. Bilstein Sports for the 2002 chassis and Porsche 911 chassis for example both have incredibly stiff valving not suited to most road cars. 

Some koni shocks would be a much better choice in my opinion. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lorin said:

Im going to suggest you reconsider your shock choice. Bilstein Sports offered for most cars are an ok choice for a street car but some are different. Bilstein Sports for the 2002 chassis and Porsche 911 chassis for example both have incredibly stiff valving not suited to most road cars. 

Some koni shocks would be a much better choice in my opinion. 

A good observation.  I paired my new H&R springs with Bilstein HDs. That seems to be a popular combo and believe me it is quite stiff enough on the road.  Bilstein support says that is not a good combination, but at least half a dozen FAQ members (including if I remember correctly Blunt) disagree, and I doubt there’s anybody at Bilstein anymore who owns a 2002.

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000