• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bimmer_b
Go to solution Solved by Tommy,

On 1/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, ray_ said:

Hey, are those lug nuts the proper taper for the steelies?

Cheers,

I think so? The wheels that were on before this were some Borbets and the Lugnuts on those didn’t work with these wheels and I switched to these lugs but they still could be wrong. I have nothing to compare them to since I’m not sure what the correct taper truly is. Someone else said the same thing about the previous ones.

Ana B. 

Check out my 2002tii restoration :D 

More random BMW/2002Tii Posts ? https://www.instagram.com/bimmer_b/

2 hours ago, Lorin said:

What do you know about holding wheels on, Ray ?

I know more than I care to about driving on 3 wheels. ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 months later...

So I think my next project will be the interior, which I just got an estimate on. Pricey, but I think they will do a good job. Getting all the seats redone and the console covered too. What are some price ranges you have seen for seat recovering so I can compare prices? 

277060816_695495758302291_4558173869704484013_n.jpg

Edited by bimmer_b
  • Like 1

Ana B. 

1 hour ago, bimmer_b said:

So I think my next project will be the interior, which I just got an estimate on. Pricey, but I think they will do a good job. Getting all the seats redone and the console covered too. What are some price ranges you have seen for seat recovering so I can compare prices? 

277060816_695495758302291_4558173869704484013_n.jpg

I had my done by an old guy in Rifle about 15 years ago. They were about 900.00-1000.00 for front and back. Late model stock seats. I supplied the fabric from World Upholstery.  

• Like 1

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot

44 minutes ago, landon said:

I had my done by an old guy in Rifle about 15 years ago. They were about 900.00-1000.00 for front and back. Late model stock seats. I supplied the fabric from World Upholstery.  

Thats a deal! They want 4k to do both fronts, rear and the console. But I got quotes from two different places and they were both around the same, and included the material. 

Ana B. 

1 hour ago, bimmer_b said:

Thats a deal! They want 4k to do both fronts, rear and the console. But I got quotes from two different places and they were both around the same, and included the material. 

With due respect to @landon, I don’t believe a 15-year-old price is predictive of a 2022 price. 

Heck, 15 years ago, my ‘02’s were probably worth a quarter of their values today, and a used tii rim was $25, not its current $250… ?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)