• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1974 BMW 2002tii

Giorgos

Where do you live?  If you can't look at it  (or have someone else look at it that knows the cars and you trust)....don't do it.  If  you live in California (forget it under any circumstances....).  Sooooo many people have been burned by cars that 'look' good - but really are no bueno.  Obviously it isn't a tii with solex carbs, and then if it is a '74 it isn't a Ti either.  Seems to me, assuming you live in the states somewhere you could do better and then have the piece of mind of not buying a POS...good luck.

The VIN plate identifies it as a 1602.  Since it badged as a 2002tii, is advertised as a 2002ti, and is clearly neither of those, I’d stay away. I try to find honest sellers when I buy a can inspect in person.  For one like this, it would be tough to judge. 

• Like 1

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

Personally I would take a pass, just too many questionable  areas  for me..... But if you are that committed I would reach out to a local first. I am assuming that the car is from Greece. It maybe a stretch but I know there are a couple of FAQ members that are in the  country.... You may get lucky and find a trained set of eyes but try that first. If that falls thru walk away,  you could do better...... patience is a virtue they say