• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Tii (vancouver) UPDATE

joysterm

10 hours ago, joysterm said:

For the benefit of the members who are following the BaT auction I came across this yesterday but was unable to post due to BaT spam concerns,

http://davidsclassiccars.com/bmw/230190-1972-bmw-2002tii-roundie-atlantik-blue-no-reserve-nr-matching-numbers.html provides a lil more info you may find interesting.

That was when it was on Ebay. The Seller had it on Ebay 3 times in Jun & Jul 2017. It reportedly sold to the current Owner/Seller for $18,600. I think the South Carolina Ebay Seller was the only one that was realistic &, dare I say, honest.

The current Seller (Peter) immediately (Aug 2017) offered it on Craigslist (Los Angeles!!) for $25k, then in Vancouver, BC for $37k (probably CAN$).

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

That was when it was on Ebay. The Seller had it on Ebay 3 times in Jun & Jul 2017. It reportedly sold to the current Owner/Seller for $18,600. I think the South Carolina Ebay Seller was the only one that was realistic &, dare I say, honest.

The current Seller (Peter) immediately (Aug 2017) offered it on Craigslist (Los Angeles!!) for $25k, then in Vancouver, BC for $37k (probably CAN$).

After I saw the link I totally remembered seeing the car on eBay....wow !

On 12/3/2018 at 6:58 AM, 02Les said:

Its funny you mention this. The day the ad appeared here in Vancouver I called him knowing that he had purchased the car from SC. When pressed for more details on the car he only offered that "it was a great car, a real investment. Numbers matching.... a real high quality driver. " He offered absolutely no history when pressed further,  only that he would be happy to call me once  landed in BC. He indicated to me that he was having issues with the delivery....I am sure that was BS as well. In any case he did not follow thru on the call.  

Mr. Peter M has quite a growing rep in this market with a limited O2 community.  The common thread with most if not all that I have talked to have had any interactions with this guy, is that it is impossible to get a straight answer from him when asking about any of his CL listing. Personally I would be wary of even  asking this guy to change  a 5$ bill for fear he would try to rip you off in the exchange.  IMHO he may come across as a being  naive about the car history and its short coming in particular but the fact remains he sees an opportunity to hang this sale on some poor unsuspecting deep pocketed collector.

They say what goes around comes around......I hope any potential buyer can see thru his line of bullshit, but I digress.

edit: This guy on FB as well.

Edited by joysterm

7 hours ago, 02Les said:

I was the seller and indeed, I posted a painfully honest description.

I treat people fairly as I would want.

The buyer/present owner seemed to be a very nice man. 

A lot has been done to the car since it was mine.

• Like 2

1970 Nevada 2002 Survivor

1975 Golf 2002 Project

1972 Atlantik 2002tii

12 minutes ago, UroTrash said:

I treat people fairly as I would want.

Given my experience with this individual I would not even begin to think of him in the same light.  I am sure there are a few prospective buyers in this case who very much appreciative  of your candour in comparison his level of disclosure. So thank you for providing  the much needed history.

• Like 2

Lets call them Select Wrecks..

and just to throw more gas on the fire here's some examples of Jon Kirkegaard's high quality workmanship>

Lovely upholstery job on trunk panels! My 7 year old niece to a fabulous job!!!

Look at superb attention to detail we used when applying color! AND those quarter panels look pretty close to the door color...and the trunk and hood might be a couple shades off but what the hell.... Let's call it driver quality...yeah that will do

only 6 exaust manifold nuts needed..

7 will do on the intake

quality headliner good for 10 miles before it comes undone on the rear edge!

No block ground? Lets' run some light gauge wire haphazardly wrapped in black tape to a  strut tower bolt

I guess this steak knife will do for trimming out the carpet kit!!

IMG_2650.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

IMG_2537.JPG

IMG_2624.JPG

IMG_2524.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

Edited by iinca

Driving it down the road was SUPER obnoxious. NVH off the charts and more rattles than Kate + 8

I consider getting my $$ back from that ass klown was one the luckiest days of my life!

Jon Kirkgaarde's thing is he makes you believe everything that comes out of his cake hole. Even if it's complete bullshit he owns it big time. He paints such a pretty picture. Within 10 minutes of getting the car I realized it was All LIES!!!

Part of his schtick' is to talk down the customer like he's some German Car God.. Funny thing is he really doesn't know that much about 2002's. The majority of members here know more that he does.

He tried to tell me that car was worth 50 grand!!! Meanwhile I'm thinking its really more like 10 lol... and he lost his mind when I told him that. He kept repeating it's an INKA tii...INKA tii...INKA tii and it's the holy grail...INKA tii

It didn't take me long to figure out he was a con man of highest level.

Edited by iinca