• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 Tii (vancouver) UPDATE

joysterm

I don't think half (or more) the watchers/bidders read the comments (unless it's from Delia?). Questions were being asked about the interior, engine rebuild etc, well after answers were given.

It will be interesting to see if/when this tii re-appears again.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 12/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, rphdiego said:

With all the 'information' here and in the BaT comments about this tii I am amazed someone would pay $44.5k for it. I smell a shill (or 2) in the bidding. I wonder how BaT can confirm if there was fraudulent bidding and if they care? 

I am not certain that take any juice for the sale, other than the fee the charge up front. In either case I am sure they would want buyers info held close to the vest, but totally agree, leaves you only asking more questions. Quite a few interesting days to say the least. 

Edited by joysterm

2 hours ago, joysterm said:

I am not certain that take any juice for the sale, other than the fee the charge up front. In either case I am sure they would want buyers info held close to the vest, but totally agree, leaves you only asking more questions. Quite a few interesting days to say the least. May just see this pop on eBay sometime next year......maybe  I will raise the question when I meet him for lunch

here's how much bring a trailer would make

If you win an auction we charge 5% of the final bid price on top of the winning bid, with a minimum fee of $250 up to $5,000 (5% of a $100,000 bid). The fee for sales higher than $100,000 is capped at $5,000.

so in this case, they made $2200+change on this Tii

I usually never participate in this kind of fiasco but I must add that I loved what the highest bidder/winner wrote. I’m attaching a screen shot of it and please read it if you like. Just beautiful words. 

I myself like the high bidder don’t care sometimes what the past is for a or any 2002 as much as moving forward while in my possession. I am bias to all 2002s. Yours, mine, rust buckets, junky junk yard clunkers, fully restored “my floors are mahogany and my books are leather bound” kind etc. etc. 

Again, I understand why this fiasco began or how it ended and I’m not defending or participating on any of it but just wanted share the beautiful words from the high bidder.

95CECF7D-853E-47A5-8F99-77105B51ECAD.png

Edited by resra
  • Like 3