• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seriously?

Mike A

Trying  to purchase less than $100 in small unbreakable and dry parts, weighing no more than1 1/2 lb  and the cheapest shipping cost is $51...??? wtf? Guaranteed that if I were to turn it around in the same packaging it would be less than $20. 

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

yeah, I was just thinking 'flat rate box'.

I do sometimes switch vendors just based on how good or miserable they are at shipping.

Frustratingly, it changes from time to time...

t

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I owned a business for about 10 years. It should work by the weight per item. If the vendor doesn't put in the correct weight it throws the shipping cost off when you get to your cart. Send an email or give them a call so they can correct it and give you a proper shipping cost. Believe me, they don't want to loose your business over a wrong calculation of shipping. 

1 hour ago, echappe said:

If you would name the parts, prices and vendor location. I bet some of us could find you a better deal with cheaper shipping. Heck, even Walloth and Nesch offer a flat rate from Germany of $49. And this includes some fairly large and bulky parts

W&N €49 (~$56)

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

W&N are just a little too structured for their own good 

You could order a $5  nut and bolt and they won't make any exception to the flat rate $56 dollar shipping

If and when you order  from W&N get big bulky items and make sure not to miss anything on your list  If they are the only source and you need it, well you're SOL

I've complained to them  and let them know other venders  like the ones in England selling Alfa Romeo parts quote a high price but usually end up charging less when the actual shipping cost is determined

Haven't had a satisfactory response . As I recall it was something terse like  Yes this is what we charge  - ( take it or leave it )

10 hours ago, rstclark said:

W&N are just a little too structured for their own good 

International shipping is a pain, and not cheap given logistics, customs, etc... I don't disagree they should at least consider flat-pack envelopes for small durable hardware and the like.

I guess they've got enough customers like me on this side of the pond to keep them afloat to where they're probably not too concerned, haha. 

Yeah, Roger's tii has done that to me a few times.  Before ordering, I just e-mailed to say 'wtf' basically, and he lowered the cost before I ordered.  The software must just calculate shipping as a percentage of cost, and not by weight/size.  

They have lots of trim parts listed that you can't easily find elsewhere, so picking a different vendor isn't reasonable.  Lots of the stuff you could just take the part number to your local BMW dealership, but I don't have one of those.  

Edited by KFunk

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

5 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

If you are ordering from Roger's tii, they always overcharge for shipping and then refund the difference. I often receive back about half of the shipping charge when i order from them.

It would be good if they told you this. I remember being really angry first time I was overcharged and just before I got my pitchfork and flaming torch, they refunded my money without prompting. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/