• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roundie for $3500

Bibm5

Wow! Looks very complete and original. Those rear wheel housings look great!

”Eared” headrests, so probably manufactured January 1, 1973 or later.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Hey guys, so I was the first one to go look at it.  The seller is willing to wait for my deposit until later today.  Brakes and clutch are seized, and the gearbox feels very mushy.  Little to no rust underneath, save for the classic wheel well spots and what looked like a rusty pedal box.  He's not willing to negotiate.  My plans wouldn't be for a full restoration, but to get it running and driving well for the next buyer to enjoy.  I'd like to make some money, and learn more about these cars in the process.  Thoughts anyone?  I already have one 2002 - this one is more of a money maker and learning car for me. 

Also, VWJake, you aren't allowed to comment ;)

Here's some more brief photos.  Engine bay isn't the worst but certainly not the best. 

20181120_080544.jpg

20181120_080328.jpg

20181120_080306.jpg

20181120_075735.jpg

just goes to show there are still realistically priced deals on these out there. Not in CA of course cause everyone here thinks these things are worth their weight in gold. 

Get it running clean it up, likely worth 2 to 3 times what you paid if it's not rusted out. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

In my opinion/experience: If that engine needs to come apart in order to get it running, it may be difficult to achieve the “money maker” (of substance) goal with looming resurrection of engine, transmission, brakes, hydraulics, etc. 

That said, you will certainly learn more about the cars, and that’s a winner. Whoever buys it, enjoy. -KB