• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car for sale-1972 inka orange 2002tii

Schatzie

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, Schatzie said:

Extra pictures are on the way.  Not a scam that’s my promise and honor. Look me up on eBay. Strong record of honest transaction 

It's been a week. Have you not found your camera/phone, or the car, yet?

edit: I see the pics!! Is that 2760152?

Edited by 02Les
  • Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Just now, Schatzie said:

Ah.  The doubting Thomas. As Teri Hatcher said to Jerry Seinfeld. They are real and spectacular. Car is not spectacular but everyone gets the point. 

If you have a car for sale post the price and sell it to the first person that responded to your ad. If that person falls thru sell it to the next in line etc. That's how it works around here. If you want the best offer take it to BAT or Ebay. This isn't a place for your bullshit. You've already shown that you are basically incompetent. You can't post additional pictures. You don't respond for days to anyone. When you do respond, it's just garbage that brings no credibility to your listing. Get real or get the hell off the forum. NO SOUP FOR YOU! THREE DAYS! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

If you have a car for sale post the price and sell it to the first person that responded to your ad. If that person falls thru sell it to the next in line etc. That's how it works around here. If you want the best offer take it to BAT or Ebay. This isn't a place for your bullshit. You've already shown that you are basically incompetent. You can't post additional pictures. You don't respond for days to anyone. When you do respond, it's just garbage that brings no credibility to your listing. Get real or get the hell off the forum. NO SOUP FOR YOU! THREE DAYS! 

I couldn't have said it any better!!!  

A $6,000 Inka ‘72 tii comes on the market with an asking price that is 50%? 33%? 25% of its perceived market value. Granted, we haven’t seen enough of the car to develop an informed opinion as to which of those percentages applies. And, no, I haven’t given away “our hand”: any seller can tell by the responses here alone that his pricing is...very attractive. But this forum is “Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!”

Yes, members are frustrated because there is a line around the block hoping to buy this car at that crazy asking price, but I’m fairly confident that the car will not sell — at whatever price — to the person hurling the greatest insults and threats....

Nor is anger likely to force a quick sale of this car. Most of us have seen similar situations previously. I’d wager this car will be sold to someone who speaks nicely to the owner.

This is my opinion. Yours may differ! ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

41 minutes ago, Conserv said:

I’m fairly confident that the car will not sell — at whatever price — to the person hurling the greatest insults and threats.

I guess I’m out! 

After watching Christmas Vacation last night, I’m about to go off on this guy like Clark when he got his certificate to the “jelly of the month” club.

Not really, I hope this seller has a quick recovery from whatever made him go cookoo.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Schatzie said:

Ah.  The doubting Thomas. As Teri Hatcher said to Jerry Seinfeld. They are real and spectacular. Car is not spectacular but everyone gets the point. 

2760152 Inka tii was in MD a dozen years ago. Is this the same one?

Edit: Seller pm'd me. I'm good.

Edited by 02Les
  • Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

An Inka ‘72 tii comes on the market with an asking price that is 50%? 33%? 25% of its perceived market value. Granted, we haven’t seen enough of the car to develop an informed opinion as to which of those percentages applies. And, no, I haven’t given away “our hand”: any seller can tell by the responses here alone that his pricing is...very attractive. But this forum is “Mad as hell and not going to take it anymore!”

Yes, members are frustrated because there is a line around the block hoping to buy this car at that crazy asking price, but I’m fairly confident that the car will not sell — at whatever price — to the person hurling the greatest insults and threats....

Nor is anger likely to force a quick sale of this car. Most of us have seen similar situations previously. I’d wager this car will be sold to someone who speaks nicely to the owner.

This is my opinion. Yours may differ! ?

Regards,

Steve

Steve, agreed to a very good statement. The protocol for engaging buying and selling through the forum has evolved/devolved. some general guidelines of posting price, location, ways and means of contact work well. The Decorum of all parties to respond has its own challenges. With the assumption that sellers and potential buyers do receive notifications or check their board in-box most transaction seem smooth and good spirited. Unfortunately there are those transactions that fall short of expectations.  Well informed, experienced and mature people move on to continue the enthusiast momentum. 

While this forum offers a venue for selling and purchasing, it is not the only venue and may not suit all presentation or marketing styles, and may not be the final venue for transfer of this item. 

GLWS

• Like 2

On 12/18/2018 at 5:55 PM, 02Les said:

2760152 Inka tii was in MD a dozen years ago. Is this the same one?

Edit: Seller pm'd me. I'm good.

Oh, I didn’t notice there was a photo with a VIN revealed! My records show VINs 2760129 and 2760156 as being manufactured on December 17, 1971. Although not the equivalent of a BMW Group Archives data dump, this certainly suggests that this car, VIN 2760152, would have a December 17, 1971 manufacturing date as well. But if you’re considering the car, get an Archives report to confirm the original color, so you know whether you’re buying a factory Inka car, or something else (info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com).

VIN 2760152, of course, left the factory with a 121 head and plastic intake runners. I note this because the car now carries aluminum intake runners. The car has been re-painted — lots of overspray and previously-plated components now painted (e.g., the hood hold-down bar) — but so have most ‘02’s by this point in time.

That’s it for now. No, I’m not going to discuss the e21 radiator and the presence of an “S” on the radiator support! ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 3

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Dear Interested Parties,

I look forward to selling the car although it will be with regrets. I am sure it will go to “a good home”. 

There is significant interest but no one has seen it. So, it’s still available. I have received offers. My intent is not to auction it on FAQ that’s for BaT or eBay. Yet if someone offers me above ask I will take it into consideration. Let’s see what unfold. I may be available to show it next week. I appreciate your patience with me and your enthusiasm for the car. 

Happy Holidays,

Gary