• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Front Left Fender

BKGolde02

1 hour ago, BKGolde02 said:

Does the aftermarket material/fit compare well to OEM?

Not in my experience.

Material seems reasonable, stamping has problems. On a recent project, one side required 3 hours of 're-work' by a pretty-talented metal guy to achieve a good fit (issues at turn signal housing and at long seam on the nose), the other side about 1.5 hours. -KB

36 minutes ago, kbmb02 said:

Not in my experience.

Material seems reasonable, stamping has problems. On a recent project, one side required 3 hours of 're-work' by a pretty-talented metal guy to achieve a good fit (issues at turn signal housing and at long seam on the nose), the other side about 1.5 hours. -KB

Thanks, KB. That's my concern. Money saved in materials ends up costing in labor and fiddling. I bought a right front fender NOS for $499 two months ago. Trying like hell to find a left, even used, but without rust would be great.

Matt

3 minutes ago, BKGolde02 said:

Thanks, KB. That's my concern. Money saved in materials ends up costing in labor and fiddling. I bought a right front fender NOS for $499 two months ago. Trying like hell to find a left, even used, but without rust would be great.

Matt

You could call up Guten Parts in NJ - they had a few fenders kicking around there.

We've used the Wally fenders as well, the fitment is fine - the only complaint is the blinker bucket isn't as deep as the OEM bumpers - and sometimes the OEM stamping is poor also.