• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

tii original fuel pump: repair?

dlacey

You can create a simple little pigtail using a couple of spade connectors, some wire and a couple of eye connectors to adapt the stock tii fuel pump wire harness to the new style pump without hacking the original wires and connector.  That way it can easily be undone.

Wrap it in a little friction tape and nobody will know.  You might notice that the newer style E28 fuel pumps are quieter though 🙂

• Thanks 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 8:59 PM, Tomfish said:

Just something I want to share with the community, I took my pump apart tonight. Not the hardest thing to do, just need a little patience. Mine had the same issue as the OP, leaking from the electrical connector. I'll update you on the O-ring sizes needed to rebuild it.

As promised, the sizes of the o-ring. I used Viton o-rings because they are resistant to biofuel etc.

- 33x2 Viton 80 Shore A (2x)

- 8.5x2 Viton 80 Shore A (1x)

- 51x2.5 Viton 80 Shore A (1x)

Things didn't go as planned (as usual). The board where the brushes were mounted on failed (well, actually the pegs on the brushes failed), so I had to make myself a new PCB where the brushes could be soldered on. Now the pump purrs again nicely :-).

IMG_20221124_190044.jpg

IMG_20221128_182616.jpg

IMG_20221128_193208.jpg

IMG_20221128_193334.jpg

IMG_20221128_212710.jpg

• Like 2

A great search for replacement brushes is due.  Those may be the cause of many pump motors that quit working.   One of the photos shows where when the braided strap is not that far away from the end of the holder slot.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

On 11/17/2022 at 8:34 PM, Gordon said:

E28 fuel pump conversion. This conversion is well documented, no regrets

I've been using this one for 4 years happily, it did need a section of radiator hose as a shim for the Tii bracket 

IMG_6576.thumb.JPG.4f3f936401dab3902dc64c36958c50f1.JPG

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook