• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1600 Touring ID

Blitzen

1600 Touring VINs for 1972 - 3301999 to 3304339. So I would expect yours to have been manufactured in the first half of the year making it a 1972.

Many Countries in Europe would date the car (on the Title) from when it was first sold, so it may have languished in a BMW Dealership until 1973.

Send your VIN info to    grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com    and you will receive manufacture date and original colour.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

15 minutes ago, 02Les said:

...Send your VIN info to    grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com    and you will receive manufacture date and original colour.

+1

I use info.grouparchiv@bmwgroup.com. I don’t know if that initial “info.” makes a difference.

Oh, yeah, then please post your car in this forum’s Registry!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Touring was  manufactured on February 11th,1972 and delivered on March 10th,1972 to Lebanon.The original color was/is Chamonix,paint code 085.

I purchased the car 2ish years ago from the owner in Lebanon who owned it for the past 28 years and imported it to California where I then had it shipped here.To say that it is rust free is an understatement. Thank you very much for the info to access this data, this sight is a wealth of information and although I have been driving and repairing BMW's for close to 50 years some of you members scare me with the intimate knowledge and dedication to this marque.

Again thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1