• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear brake shoes

floatinghead

I’m replacing my e21 brake shoes for the first time myself and wanted to know if I need to remove the hub off the axle? And if so, will I be messing with the bearings or just the hub itself? Plus it looks awkward replacing springs behind the hub.

Thanks,

Baron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for not hitting all the known spots. I usually search google with bmw2002faq in the headline as I generally have poor success with the search function on the site. Just looking for a little moral support I guess as I’d screwed this up on a previous car and I’m still learning how to do this stuff.
I did get it done so feeling good so far. New shoes, drums and wheel cylinders. Now need to bleed wheel cylinder and adjust the shoes...

edece82c025e0ff43490979c67582101.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear ya on the search thing. Congrats on getting your job done!

I've given up searching on FAQ. I go to google, ask the question and click on the links to FAQ. The search function here is terrible.

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS