• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Really Nice (expensive?) 1969 BMW 1600, unaffiliated

Seth Horwitz

Price: $29500

Description:

I found this when going through an auto wholesaler site, with my friend's account, and figured I'd share. (I don't know if we can post dealer links, so feel free to delete if not. It makes no difference to me.) This car doesn't help me, but maybe this will work for one of you, and put out some good energy to find one for me. (For me: Auto Tranny, Roof, AC, strong bones for a refresh, please.) I wish I was someone who believed in that. Anyway, here goes. 

http://www.annexhouston.com/item/1969-bmw-1600

'69 BMW 1600 Florida Green/Tobacco Manual

Looks to be fully restored, which I know doesn't fit what most of us are looking for, but it's a pretty and turnkey Roundie. Seems a tad pricey, but I haven't followed that portion of the market. Anyone find me that Auto car, within driving distance of NYC, yet?

Edited by Seth Horwitz

This was restored a few yrs ago by Ryan Danco who then sold it to Rudy Manseenus. Period aftermarket rims (Kleeblatt?) that Ryan restored have been replaced by '74-'76 stamped steel rims. VERY nice car, although some of the interior is not correct.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

1 minute ago, 1936spyder said:

This was restored a few yrs ago by Ryan Danco who then sold it to Rudy Manseenus. Period aftermarket rims (Kleeblatt?) that Ryan restored have been replaced by '74-'76 stamped steel rims. VERY nice car, although some of the interior is not correct.

Dumb question, but what's the ballpark cost on a restoration like that? 

Dumb question, but what's the ballpark cost on a restoration like that? 

Depends on original condition of car, how much you can do yourself vs how much you have to farm out, who does the work, new/nos/used parts, etc, etc, etc...too many variables involved.

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

34 minutes ago, 02Les said:

It's been for sale, same place in Houston, for over a year now. A few months ago they wanted $37, 500 for it.

Looks like it's a storage place, so I'll bet it's on consignment. In high school, I worked at an exotic dealer, washing cars. Sellers of consignment cars were always given crazy high promises, among other questionable sales tactics including using the car as "proof" of a "deal" on an actual inventoried car where the dealer was making money, so that doesn't shock me. (Unlike the one time when this guy whose 4K mile Ferrari had over 5K miles on it when he came to pick it up after two months of no sale. He and the owner of the place had more than a few words, and he was right to do so. I probably would've gotten arrested if I were in his place.)