• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turn Signal missing cancel tab?

Tim of Capitola

Worked to change the steering wheel to new one. So now I screwed up both turn signals, need to move the tab again.

Oh and the OMP hub adapter won't work unless I wrap the horn power wire around the shaft three times. Yeah right.

To tired and walked away for the night.  Wiring is not my forte. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

I think I'm missing the slip ring on the column . I'm guessing there should be one ?

Picture of one installed anyone ? 

Do you mean the contact ring for the horn?  This photo shows the column and an e21 wheel I had installed for a while, before finding a stock steering wheel. 

105.thumb.JPG.fb0be5a2864decdf836d86d4f5920f91.JPG

( the pin is on the wheel in the 2002 and on the column in the e21, so it takes a little creativity to make the horn work )

the photo also shows the e21 signal tab... fwiw.

Tom

• Thanks 1

Tom, yes I think I can use the contact ring off the old wheel.  Old wheel was pretty cobble up to fit my car, but the ring is good. 

I just need to mount either a factory plunger and ring and I should be good to go. Will see if new plunger hub will also work.

Just not familiar enough with what a stock correct setup would be. He had a little aluminum bracket and some other goodies in there.

The the bottom plastic tray was broken to remove that piece on the column, so will look into a used one of those also.

Will get it just should have been a simple job.   Will be much nicer in the end. Again thank you for all the help.