• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Please - need a pre-purchase inspection in Tampa

64FHC

Hello - looking at a 76 Mintgrun 2002 in the Tampa Fla. area. Have seen lots of pics and car looks good but I would like to find somebody local to it to have a look.

Would be willing to PayPal $300 for an inspection. Would need this to happen fairly quickly. PM or call 203-540-8923 Bob.

Jeez, if it still looks comparable to the condition it was for the BaT listing (and all pics of the rust prone areas look pretty clear) and the price is similarly good, I'd jump all over it, that was an awfully nice looking specimen that went for under $10k in my opinion!  Sorry can't actually check it out in person for you, but let me know if you get it and join me in the Mint-club!

• Like 1

The pictures look good, I see no rust. The guy that has it now has done nothing with it since his BAT purchase, car was not registered in Florida. No documentation on engine history/condition - he says its been rebuilt but the BAT description just says cylinder head was removed for overhaul. Interior needs work, the E30 seats were removed and given away - it now has original seats back in. Seller says bottom line is $10800. Might fly down for a look.

I hope to join your club:)

Happy New Year!

Could probably get it for 10K plus shipping = 10800. Then its going to need an interior, 4k or so. Unknown mechanical issues, 2k?? Nice bumpers, 1k. Belt trim/odds and ends, 500. Repaint trunk, detail engine compartment and undercarriage. Is it worth it?

2 hours ago, 64FHC said:

The pictures look good, I see no rust. The guy that has it now has done nothing with it since his BAT purchase, car was not registered in Florida. No documentation on engine history/condition - he says its been rebuilt but the BAT description just says cylinder head was removed for overhaul. Interior needs work, the E30 seats were removed and given away - it now has original seats back in. Seller says bottom line is $10800. Might fly down for a look.

Happy New Year!

Kinda why I posted that link.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, 64FHC said:

Happy New Year!

The current Craigslist Ad still shows the same front seats (cloth) that are not, I believe, original.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17