• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rally casualty

02Anders

One of our ViaRETRO contributors drives an 02 as well - or rather, he rallies it.  Quite committed too...  ?

However, he's had a bit of a mishap.  Sadly, his well-sorted 02 now needs ironing before it can return to its smile-inducing, sideways-travelling norm.
Please, let's all give Dave a bit psychological support for his upcoming rebuild...  ?

https://viaretro.com/2019/01/how-to-improve-your-car-without-really-trying/

Edited by 02Anders
  • Like 3

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

Ouch!

Still, my favourite line is:

“...I firmly believe that if it doesn’t happen once in a while you’re simply not trying hard enough”.

Thanks for sharing and good luck to Dave. 

• Like 2

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Talent usually runs out half way through the turn.

May the repair be swift and precise. Long may that '02 run.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

Ah, that's minor.  And yes, if you're NEVER off, you're not trying hard enough...

Sometimes the offs are just in your undies.

t

Dsc00054.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

"As it happens, the nose was one of the few parts I didn’t have replaced when the car was first prepared. It may or may not be original but it showed signs of previous accident damage and somebody way back in the mists of time saw fit to repair it with a lump hammer and an industrial vat of wob, whilst blindfolded."

Apparently GB has the same collection of clueless previous owners as we do here in the States... I particularly liked the line, "repair it with a lump hammer and an industrial vat of wob, whilst blindfolded."   I've never heard Bondo called "wob" before.  

The driver's door on Dene's "Rescue Bimmer" (AKA Doc Fjord) had Bondo nearly an inch thick slathered on its lower portions, apparently by an American cousin of Dave's car's previous owner. 

She'll be fine in no time, Dave...rallye on!

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I learned long ago when competing with a car.....It's never "if"  or "when"...it is "how bad"

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Enjoyed the article! Glad everyone is safe - yes, the car is definitely repairable and destined to race again!

Thanks for sharing it.

Jason

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   + --> Need an Alpina A4 tuning guide? PM me!

• 1 month later...