• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Front turn signals US Version

rstclark

U.S. cars used flush front turn signals — all amber— from March 1966 through late in 1969 (i.e., early 1970 models) switching to the U.S.-only bulge turn signals at that time. I’m confident you’re looking for bulge turn signals, but I want to emphasize for the larger audience that the bulge turn signals were not used on the early cars...

BMW still sells the bulge turn signals new. They were pricey a few years back; I gather they’re more pricey now!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

I believe the "bulge" indicators supplied with the Touring "sport package" back in the day are still available; at least they were a couple of years ago, as I bought a pair for my Touring.

They were around $100 each, which is quite a saving on the US bulge indicators. You would have to add the extra bulb/fixture for the US side/running light though.

Parts 63 13 1 354 557 & 558.

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

2 hours ago, 02Les said:

I believe the "bulge" indicators supplied with the Touring "sport package" back in the day are still available; at least they were a couple of years ago, as I bought a pair for my Touring.

They were around $100 each, which is quite a saving on the US bulge indicators. You would have to add the extra bulb/fixture for the US side/running light though.

Parts 63 13 1 354 557 & 558.

So, Les, the Touring comes out in early 1971 (April?), and as part of the Sport Paket, you get turn signals just like your American cousin has — well, at least from an appearances standpoint?

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

2 hours ago, Conserv said:

So, Les, the Touring comes out in early 1971 (April?), and as part of the Sport Paket, you get turn signals just like your American cousin has — well, at least from an appearances standpoint?

Thanks and best regards,

Steve

I actually like them from a visibility standpoint. I think the Euro style leave a lot to be desired...…...stand 50~60ft back from the front of the car when a Euro turn signal is on and see if you can see it real good. At night maybe ok, in the daylight...….A lot of people are putting LEDs in the rear lights, but not sure if anyone is doing it for the front blinkers?

Having just spent many $ on a refurbishment, I wanted help to be seen.

• Thanks 1

Les

FAQ Member #17

4 hours ago, rstclark said:

I’m looking for what was original on a late 72 Tii. 

Which was the common U.S.-spec bulge turn signal...

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=2583-USA-10-1972-114-BMW-2002tii&diagId=63_0491

RealOEM.com prices are not current, but they’re generally in the ballpark.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

12 hours ago, rstclark said:

I'm seeing them for $292   Can't find the $100 lenses  ??

The dealers quotes $242  coming from Germany

If you're referring to the $100 "Touring" indicators they are part #s 63 13 1 354 557 & 558.

If you search for parts on Max's site, make sure you put a tick in the "Euro box". If all fails, call Paul (Wegweiser) at Max's.....he'll know.

edit: Blunttech has them at $107ea

Edited by 02Les

Les

FAQ Member #17

On 1/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, rstclark said:

WTB  front turn signals in new or like new condition  Will consider lenses, lenses or and gaskets, or complete signals

Stock original US versions all amber 

I have a used set of "bulge" lamps but the bulb holder has been removed for use in the "smoothie" european style.  Economically priced.

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.