• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Car cover recommendations

SteveJ

On 1/27/2019 at 5:19 PM, SaharaX2 said:

The Bavarian Autosport covers are good.
They used to have a lifetime warranty on their ultimate covers that I have redeemed a couple of times over the years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I second the bav auto ones. They are somewhat reversable for the 02 so makes life easy trying to put one on. 

• 1 year later...

My cover is starting to shred after several years of CA sun so I stumbled upon this thread on my hunt. 

Bavarian Autosport is out of business.  sadly. 

Cover Craft no longer offers custom covers for the 2002's (they have different styles since I last ordered from them 5 years ago. The Silverguard Plus is no longer an option). 

California car covers don't have pockets for the mirrors, and range from $175-$450. 

The Noah model is $236 +tax and shipping. 

I'm curious if anybody found another option out there with mirror pockets.  

I need UV, dust and Rain protection.

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

I have used Cal Covers for all my cars and I have been very satisfied.  They fit perfectly.  I bought a superweave outdoor and an indoor cover for my 2002 and while they do not have mirror pockets, I find the cover fits perfectly.  In my opinion covers that dont have mirror pockets fit a just a bit looser which makes the cover easier to take off and put on.  Also a looser cover wont scratch your paint.  One of the downfalls of any cover is the possibility of putting small scratches in the paint.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

7 hours ago, Dudeland said:

How well do these fit cars with front spoilers and flares. ?

They are made to fit the car in stock form.  If you call them they will work with you for any mods to the stock pattern that you need.  I did that for one of my covers.

• Thanks 1

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

On 3/1/2020 at 2:10 PM, gary32 said:

I was given a Beverly Hills Motoring 320i cover and it's going on year 12. Pretty nice and they make 2002 patterns. (4) different covers 2 inside, 2 outside I am using the flannel cover mine lives inside.

https://beverlyhillsmotoring.com/collections/outdoor-car-covers/products/weatherguard?variant=9398610919481

12 years? inside our outdoors?

1972 Malaga (according to DMV) 2002. (Manufactured in '71)

http://www.beemersandbits.com

'77 BMW R100S '73 BMW Cafe bike  1966 Triumph T100C  1966 R90/2 BMW Sidecar Rig  1956 MV Agusta Turismo Rapido

• 2 years later...