• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Getrag 265/5 Close Ratio Transmission

irdave

1 hour ago, williamggruff said:

Someone named Piers Fox out of Woking listed a 265 close ratio box earlier this week on the BMW 2002 Classifieds group on Facebook. Asking price is £1750. 

Thanks Bill.

Ok, my google-fu isn't that bad- I found the ad, but don't FB.  Can you get contact information for Piers?  Do you know Piers?

Thanks.

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

6 hours ago, irdave said:

Thanks Bill.

Ok, my google-fu isn't that bad- I found the ad, but don't FB.  Can you get contact information for Piers?  Do you know Piers?

Thanks.

I don’t know Piers, but I responded to his post with a link to your post here on the FAQ. I’ll follow up with him on FB tomorrow and get back to you. 

Your internediary in these digital times,

Grice

AKA William G Gruff, Billy Goats Gruff’s formal name. And for those of you following along at home, Billy Goats Gruff is the story of the original troll buster, and the source of my online name on the interwebs since the very early days of AOL. 

Edited by williamggruff
  • Like 1

williamggruff

'76 2002 "Verona" / '12 Fiat 500 Sport "Latte" / '21 Toyota 4Runner TRD Off Road Prem “The Truck”

Thanks guys. $3k seems a little high actually for a 265/5 CR box- they're noticeably less expensive than the CR boxes for the 2002...  (Along with another $3k to get it serviced...)

And I've got an email into G-Force about sticking a Tremec T5 in there- affordable, service-able, gear ratios are easy...

(Too many years on a road bike to appreciate the wide ratio cogs of a mountain bike...)

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.