• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Quad Headlamp Bracket Dimensions

oh2ryan

FAQers,

I want to post this as a resource for anyone who converts their 2002 to quad headlamps in the future but is missing the brackets that help attach the buckets to the front nose panel behind the grille. I took these measurements from a roundie set, but I would imagine that they are the same as compared to the square tail versions. These brackets were not elegantly made to begin with, so do not yell at me if you SOH CAH TOA my measurements and find that they are off by a hair. 

There might have been a slight curve added to these along the top to match the radius of the headlamp bucket. The top being the portion with the oblong 1" mounting holes.

*edit* the missing upper dimension is ~2.5"

IMG_3435.thumb.jpg.3e6bc6103c222812a15b61004b4f945e.jpg

Edited by oh2ryan
  • Like 4

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

Ryan did a great job here. I asked if he could do a dimensional sketch and less that an hour later I had it.?

I've had asked several people over a few years, who had the quad set-up, for a sketch, but got nothing.

• Thanks 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 hour ago, oh2ryan said:

so do not yell at me if you SOH CAH TOA my measurements

Well, harumph, there is certainly no need to go off on a tangent with your profanity!  That is a sign of bad taste.  Henceforth you should have someone cosign for you before you post.

BICD (best i could do)

• Haha 1

BMWCCA  Member #14493

www.2002sonly.com

1086238739_Logoforsignature.png.eb1354ab9afa7c378cd15f33e4c7fbbe.png

5 hours ago, halboyles said:

Well, harumph, there is certainly no need to go off on a tangent with your profanity!  That is a sign of bad taste.  Henceforth you should have someone cosign for you before you post.

BICD (best i could do)

Now THIS really took me back to school!  Had to view the thread due to your post.?

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

@Simeon

All I got. This view actually shows the curve of the bracket where it meets the bucket. I straightened mine just to make the template so it could be as accurate as possible from a quick trace.

F877622F-111D-49D3-9F12-BB2C22F6C2BB.thumb.png.45305d99557c271e7e2655cf5ff34868.png

-Ryan

02/02 Z8 Jet Black

05/87 M3 Hennarot

04/71 2002tii Baikal

4 hours ago, Simeon said:

Any chance of a photograph to put a bit of context on this bracket? I can’t quite visualise how they work. 

This the best I have; a bit small but you get the idea. Unfortunately, I think you have to cut away the original single lamp brackets, but I'm still working to see if there's a way around that. Mine will go on Da Beater, so maybe not a great loss.

276992752_TwinHeadlightBuckets-fittedtolatecar.jpg.1105df2674cc61f568fd3863783f30dd.jpg

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17