• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Euro front signal light conversion

Guy Cocquyt

1 hour ago, jgerock said:

Pretty darn harshness toward us Engineers?.  I'm the only one in my family with this type of degree.

US engineers buddy.  Mechanical with an emphasis in vehicle dynamics.  :)

And on a serious note, congratulations and I hope it's the beginning of a trend.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Being an Engineer (although retired) I can relate to the following:-

ENGINEER IDENTIFICATION TEST

You walk into a room and notice that a picture is hanging crooked. You...

A. Straighten it.
B. Ignore it.
C. Buy a CAD system and spend the next six months designing a solar-powered, self-adjusting picture frame while often stating aloud your belief that the inventor of the nail was a total moron.

The correct answer is "C" but partial credit can be given to anybody who writes "It depends" in the margin of the test or simply blames the whole stupid thing on "Marketing."

FASCINATION WITH GADGETS

To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1.      things that need to be fixed

2.      things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them.

Engineers like to solve problems. If there are no problems handily available, they will create their own problems. Normal people don't understand this concept; they believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.

No engineer looks at a television remote control without wondering what it would take to turn it into a stun gun. No engineer can take a shower without wondering if some sort of Teflon coating would make showering unnecessary. To the engineer, the world is a toy box full of sub-optimized and feature-poor toys.

HONESTY

Engineers are always honest in matters of technology and human relationships. That's why it's a good idea to keep engineers away from customers, romantic interests, and other people who can't handle the truth.

Engineers sometimes bend the truth to avoid work. They say things that sound like lies but technically are not because nobody could be expected to believe them. The complete list of engineer lies is listed below.

·         "I won't change anything without asking you first."

·         "I'll return your hard-to-find cable tomorrow."

·         "I have to have new equipment to do my job."

·         "I'm not jealous of your new computer."

·         POWERS OF CONCENTRATION

·         If there is one trait that best defines an engineer it is the ability to concentrate on one subject to the complete exclusion of everything else in the environment. This sometimes causes engineers to be pronounced dead prematurely. Some funeral homes in high-tech areas have started checking resumes before processing the bodies. Anybody with a degree in electrical engineering or experience in computer programming is propped up in the lounge for a few days just to see if he or she snaps out of it.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Have to forward /\/\ to my son, an Engineer that works for a US company that helps design automotive components. 

Jgerock I apologize, but I have been poking fun at my sons all of their lives. 

Nothing personal, just habit I guess.  Few realize how much complex and hard engineering work goes into many, many things that we take for granted every day. We turn them on, use them without thinking and darn it, the vast majority of the time, it works. We only realize how much we depend on them when they don't. 

Keep up the good work. 

PS: Jgerock, why did you add the additional light? Plus why not LED? What is the power supply for the trailer lamp? 

Edited by Vicleonardo1
clarity

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

5 minutes ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

PS: Jgerock, why did you add the additional light? Plus why not LED? What is the power supply for the trailer lamp? 

The original (flat) turn signals on my USA 69 already had the wiring for the running light. I added the running lamp to the new BMW assembly.

IMG_7681.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

9 hours ago, Vicleonardo1 said:

Have to forward /\/\ to my son, an Engineer that works for a US company that helps design automotive components. 

Jgerock I apologize, but I have been poking fun at my sons all of their lives. 

Nothing personal, just habit I guess.  Few realize how much complex and hard engineering work goes into many, many things that we take for granted every day. We turn them on, use them without thinking and darn it, the vast majority of the time, it works. We only realize how much we depend on them when they don't. 

Keep up the good work. 

I officially retired in August 2018.  The long hours and many trips to see customers since December 11, 1990 added up.  I have always enjoyed wrenching on and being in/around vehicles.  My parents were afraid I was going to be an auto mechanic and not go to college.

I'm on the right in these two pictures.  Sadly, the track (Old Dominion Speedway) closed and is now occupied by townhouses.

ODSGrandStockwinpics.jpg

ODSclosing.jpg

BugOutSept2010076.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"