• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coilover kit on the interweb sells for $850

conkitchen

The real question is how good are those dampers?  The rears are just regular dampers with springs on adjustable perches.  NOT rear coilovers.  The fronts need to be welded onto existing street tubes...The same as ground control or Ireland.  The difference...Ireland will sell you Bilstein Rabbit shocks for inserts and Ground Control a variety of quality dampers...These??  

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

11 hours ago, uai said:

Isn’t that photoshopped?

More like hot glued.  

The gal in the stars N stripes has a suggestive look on her face. Likely how the hell is this strut gonna fit on my car with no lower mountings. Or maybe it too bookoo for such a lonely girl. Me install you long time G.I. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Haha 1

But what do I know

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Is there a part number on the rear shocks they use? They look different than what Koni's website shows for 02 fitment.

because they are shorter to accomodate shorter springs.  the stock 02 koni's let the suspension droop WAY too much.  the rear Koni's on my M2 are a race shock from a mustang i think.  i have posted the part number before.

the "GEEKO" system here looks like typical stance crowd junk.  main focus is to lower the car.  all other considerations are not relevant.

every track/race car I have owned has been on a GC suspension system.  the M2, E30 325is, E36 325is, E36 M3.  GC stuff rocks.

2xM3

17 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Isn't that what coilovers are made for? 

?

Right?  That's why I have mine.  According to Jay at GC, he has them valved a particular way to get a ride he thinks is best, so they're different than the stock valving.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.