• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'67 1600 on Barn Finds/ $24k buy it now on ebay

Interesting early car with some equally interesting details. 

• the small Euro front bumper guards and no rear ones at all, but has US style license plate lights vs the Euro bumper-mounted ones.  Not sure if I've seen a 6v '67 with those license plate lights. 
  • the "donut" upper radiator hose
  • the way forward-mounted rear view mirror (NK-style)
  • rare square hole hubcap trim rings. 
  • appears to have bulb/reflector headlights vs sealed beams complete with plastic bowls on the headlight bucket back sides. 

Interesting combination for an official Hoffman Motors import (vs overseas delivery) as the instruments speak English.  A puzzler, though...the seats appear to be tobacco vs the chocolate brown that was typical on 66 and 67 cars.  Didn't realize the tobacco seats were available before the '68 models.

Anyone know the VIN?  

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

21 hours ago, mike said:

Interesting early car with some equally interesting details. 

• the small Euro front bumper guards and no rear ones at all, but has US style license plate lights vs the Euro bumper-mounted ones.  Not sure if I've seen a 6v '67 with those license plate lights. 
  • the "donut" upper radiator hose
  • the way forward-mounted rear view mirror (NK-style)
  • rare square hole hubcap trim rings. 
  • appears to have bulb/reflector headlights vs sealed beams complete with plastic bowls on the headlight bucket back sides. 

Interesting combination for an official Hoffman Motors import (vs overseas delivery) as the instruments speak English.  A puzzler, though...the seats appear to be tobacco vs the chocolate brown that was typical on 66 and 67 cars.  Didn't realize the tobacco seats were available before the '68 models.

Anyone know the VIN?  

mike

It’s a June 30, 1967 car, Mike. I’m guessing it’s a 1530xxx example. The photos shown on some of the other sites have been better, and the interior on those sites is, convincingly, chocolate brown.

Here’s an earlier discussion.

My ‘67, in ‘74-76, was earlier yet had U.S.-style bumper guards front and rear. But it had the same license plate lights as the Florida car. I bought it from the original owner who was....a little old lady and it had 52,000 miles on it when I bought it.

Below is the window sticker for VIN 1527753, a June 6, 1967 car. It’s got “BUMPERETTES” for $8!

I’ve seen these trim rings on 1968 models. That’s it.

Best regards,

Steve

0FF3D528-9D7E-457E-9470-1EBB4A23B595.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)