• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Owner (again) Intro

pitchrollyaw

Hi All, new owner in Central Mass here.   I had a 1600-2 back in college, when I met my Wife and she suggested we add one to the fleet.  I found this one; '74 in golf, very original.  She joins a few other vintage cars and trucks in the fleet, and doesn't need much major, just a few little things.    Look forward to joining the forum.

1974s.JPG

IMG_4025[6594]aa.JPG

Edited by pitchrollyaw
if only i could spell...
  • Thanks 1

Similar taste in cars. I had a '70 TR6 before the family came along. My current '73 2002 is my re-entry into the vintage world. I did manage to squeeze a '70 Triumph Daytona (motorcycle) into my garage with all the kids bikes and toys over the last few years. Enjoy the 1600-2, it looks like a beauty.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi All, well I am finally done w/ this project...at least as done as one of these can be.   Starting a new business, losing a parent and, oh yeah, COVID put me about a year behind, but here she is with her rebuilt engine and many other repairs, etc.   Just needs some small trim pieces and a few other odds and ends.   Just in time for about 500 miles of driving and hibernation.

I kept her mostly stock except for some period accessories, a CHMSL, marine gauges (close match to the cluster) and spark plug wire clips from a Lycoming until I source the proper loom....or not, I kind of like the aircraft clips and they look the part.

Hope to get back on the fun car circuit in '21.

IMG_4096 (2).JPG

74 BMW int 1 (2).jpg

IMG_5311.jpg

IMG_5302.jpg

bmw2002e2.JPG

Edited by pitchrollyaw
  • Like 1

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors