• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your driving lamps

Simeon

2 hours ago, uai said:

and another weirdo (but it's a Foglight(s))

IMG_3010_k.JPG

Wow! I think that needs an elegant mid 50’s Mercedes Benz attached to it. Beautiful. 

• Like 2

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

I remember seeing a picture of a car a while ago (maybe from the UK?) that had a twin headlamp, with aluminium grille (I guess Diana) on the left side and a single headlight on the right. It may even have had a single 7” driving light on th right as well. No good if you dig symmetry but the overall effect was [chef kissing fingers]

• Haha 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

eff all this wimpy stuff-

go big or go home.

You'll have to find an old stagehand to teach you how to set up the carbons, though.

t

super trouper.jpg

• Haha 5

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Mine are just Hella 500s, mainly there to cover up the holes left when I excised my diving board. But I like the look, and love the POWAH. Also, 1-1/4" aluminum tubing fits perfectly in the rubber sheathes left behind by the bumper mounts, which made mounting the lights a cinch. Got the inspiration from Nomad's blog. 

oonJ4tWp5hBaHBcKAli2EKAyAKdnZop6bEtkN5QJ

MattL

1976 BMW 2002 Pastellblau

Philadelphia 'Burbs

4 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I took this photo of mine last night.  Yes, all four lights are still there, they're just... discrete.

059.thumb.JPG.041d9c76461e8375cfeae2eeac1d2403.JPG

Sleek, discrete, cool, clean, Tom. Yes, this checks all those boxes.

But....it doesn’t check the other boxes, and these are the boxes that matter to me:

1. Maximum lighting. I have reached an age when I need to use every last lumen I have purchased. Based on the ratio of grille slats to grille openings, behind-the-grille mounting blocks precisely 33% of those lumens. No can do.

2. Maximum show-off time. I have reached an age when I need to show off every name-brand accessory I own. With behind-the-grille mounting, I might as well own a 12-volt Craftsman trouble light. No can do.

???

Best regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

19 minutes ago, Conserv said:

these are the boxes that matter to me

I'm not saying your doing it wrong.

Although your fog lights look vulnerable dangling out there.

My fogs are no name and the behind the grille lights say firefly.

They're shamefully tucked away behind the grilles and under the bumper shock covers.

I think you lose more than 33% being behind the grilles.

Or, it may be as much as 67% -- better than nothing.

I was mostly playing with ways of mounting them without making modifications, or new holes.

I rarely use them and the fogs are not even wired up yet.

Please carry on.  I love all the photos of such beautiful examples.