• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

e12 tii head

2k2tii

If your desire to have a bona fide tii head — no different from a non-tii head, but for the un-drilled fuel pump boss — is simply to avoid the appearance of that drilled boss, the holes in a non-tii head can be filled, ground smooth, and the boss resurfaced, yielding an almost-undetectable repair. Voila: a tii head!

As straight, un-cracked, un-corroded heads of adequate thickness become rarer and rarer — while interest in accurate tii restorations soars — I suspect we’ll see lots more “hole filling” in the future.... ?

Those who know me, know I’m a bit of a “stock car” buff. But if I need a new tii head in the future, I suspect I’ll find the best damned E12 head I can find, and fill the fuel pump boss holes if the boss has already been drilled.

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, Conserv said:

If your desire to have a bona fide tii head — no different from a non-tii head, but for the un-drilled fuel pump boss — is simply to avoid the appearance of that drilled boss, the holes in a non-tii head can be filled, ground smooth, and the boss resurfaced, yielding an almost-undetectable repair. Voila: a tii head!

As straight, un-cracked, un-corroded heads of adequate thickness become rarer and rarer — while interest in accurate tii restorations soars — I suspect we’ll see lots more “hole filling” in the future.... ?

Those who who know me, know I’m a bit of a “stock car” buff. But if I need a new tii head in the future, I suspect I’ll find the best damned E12 head I can find, and fill the fuel pump boss holes if the boss has already been drilled.

Regards,

Steve

Filling the holes had crossed my mind. Thanks for the input Steve, your thoughts are always appreciated. 

P.S. it’s for our 73 inka tii ?

Edited by 2k2tii
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, 2k2tii said:

P.S. it’s for our 73 inka tii ?

Yep. I assumed as much. I’m just seeing fewer good heads every day....

My Inka ‘73 tii is also due for an engine overhaul: it’s probably got 130K-ish miles on what appears to be the original head. But having seen the water jacket corrosion on my 100K-mile ‘76, I am preparing myself for the very real possibility that the tii’s head will not be the one I want to take the car through its next 100K miles.

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)