• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Possible new scammer on the site. Buyers/sellers beware...

So I had posted a want ad for a tii cold start valve and just got a private message reply from someone with the forum handle, "Boss321." His/her message looks suspiciously like a money grabbing scam. No prior feedback or history here, and asking me to contact "Karen" via some random email address. Also what gives it away is the fact that they literally just took my thread title ("2002tii Cold Start Valve/Injector") and inserted it into their reply, as if it was just copied and pasted. I find it very hard to believe somebody would have used the exact same syntax word-for-word with the same placement of the slash in a typed reply to my post, and then asking me to reach out to some other external email address. Buyers/sellers beware. A family member of mine got taken by an almost identical scam a couple years ago.

Edited by RenaissanceMan
  • Like 1

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

This is a good opportunity for @Boss321 to defend themselves.

Perhaps they can tell us all about themselves, their car(s) and show us photos of the parts that they have for sale and tell us where they came from. 

If if you aren’t willing to introduce yourself properly to us then we will assume that you are a scam. Please prove me wrong. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

Good lord, y'all-

I'm not the most internet- savvy one out there, but is this new news?

And when am I going to receive the keys to the kingdom I paid for in Kuala Lumpur, anyway?

t

kuala-lumpur-malaysia-batu-caves-buddha-entrance.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

I dont know about you guys,but soon I will be rollling in it.

The Liberian minister of finance has sent me a hand written letter and he is going to deposit a ton of money in my bank account any day now.

I am going to help a struggling country and the bonus is that my cut is going to be amazing!  

I will soon be able to buy anything that DenverTii is selling! 

Yahoo! 

• Haha 4

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me.