• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weber dcoe 45 jetting Help

Plastic float I assume. Then yes. With the gasket. I've seen more recommended but went for about 13. Plenty of info on doing that. I painted a line at 33 deg on pulley for use with reg timing light. Seems to me 3 turns out with Spanish dcoes is start point. 

Plastic float I assume. Then yes. With the gasket. I've seen more recommended but went for about 13. Plenty of info on doing that. I painted a line at 33 deg on pulley for use with reg timing light. Seems to me 3 turns out with Spanish dcoes is start point. 
So I put the stock 55f8 jet back in what a difference my AFR is way better

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Are you running a single coil and the distributor or 2 wasted spark twin coils?

If you are running wasted spark the settings on your timing light will be off by 50%.  15 deg of advance at the crankshaft will read as 30 deg on your timing light.  Each spark plug fires every 360 degrees of crank rotation, with a distributor it is every 720 deg.  If you set your timing light at 15 deg your actual advance will be 7.5 deg. 

• Like 1

1970 1602 (purchased 12/1974)

1974 2002 Turbo

1988 M5

1986 Euro 325iC

Are you running a single coil and the distributor or 2 wasted spark twin coils?

If you are running wasted spark the settings on your timing light will be off by 50%.  15 deg of advance at the crankshaft will read as 30 deg on your timing light.  Each spark plug fires every 360 degrees of crank rotation, with a distributor it is every 720 deg.  If you set your timing light at 15 deg your actual advance will be 7.5 deg. 
Ya running the twin xdi coils

Then make sure you take the reading on your timing light and divide by 2 to get the true advance.  

Ya my timing is fine I had it perfect I just had the 3000 to high so

It's my jetting I went to back stock and running way better

36 chokes

4.5 aux

145 man

155 air

55 F8 idle

F16 tubes

45 pump

My idle is good but rich air ratio arround12.5-13

And when I'm cruising it's lean 16 max gauge out and it stumble and I can hear pooping from exhaust and partial and full throttle it's about 13.5 ish

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone
I have problem with my 45s dcoe if I'm cruising and push the throttle down quickly it and wana pass it stumbles if I look at my Air fuels it's about 12.5 -13 then I hit the throttle quick goes to 10.5 ish then comes back up so I'm running 40 pump jet and 40 spill valve at the bottom of the bowl should I go smaller pump jet I switched to 34mm chokes from 36 now everything changes

Current Specs
34 mm chokes
4.5 aux
120 main
200 air cor
F16 e tube
40 pump
40 spill valve
200 float valve

At 3K RPMS you are likely still running on the idle/transition circuit. What happens if you do this at other RPMs (say at 2500 and 3500)? Despite what you are seeing on your AFM, it seems unlikely to me given your choice of pump jet and exhaust that this is being caused by too rich mixture. You don't see any leaner AFRs when you roll on (open the throttle slightly) at 3K RPMs? You didn't say which idle jets  you are running.

Chris B.

'73 ex-Malaga

At 3K RPMS you are likely still running on the idle/transition circuit. What happens if you do this at other RPMs (say at 2500 and 3500)? Despite what you are seeing on your AFM, it seems unlikely to me given your choice of pump jet and exhaust that this is being caused by too rich mixture. You don't see any leaner AFRs when you roll on (open the throttle slightly) at 3K RPMs? You didn't say which idle jets  you are running.
Idle jets 60f9

I can tell on with afr when I'm idle circuit and main because, my AFR are 13 to 14 idle and main 12 to 12.5 then if I push throttle quick goes down to 10 then come back to 12 to 13 so seem to me pump jet