• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheeler Dealer Fjord Tii on BAT

Mark92131

The car sits high.
Maybe it has been that long since I have seen a ‘76 with stock suspension.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank,  SaharaX2
'75 2002 Sahara (Janice)
'74 2002 Sahara (Camilla) dearly departed
'76 2002 Anthrazit (Gonzo) now daughters car

snorkel alert, snorkel alert ?

says the guy whose '74 fjord tii also has a snorkel...  I rear ended someone back in the 80's and the nose was replaced along with the hood and the front bumper, radiator, front fenders ?

Kudos to them for sticking with the original '74 distributor and points.  Nice looking stock '74 tii engine setup.  Interesting spot where they connected the ground strap though...

I wish my car looked as nice .. but that carpet  .?.

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

7 hours ago, Mark92131 said:

One of my favorite Wheeler Dealer episodes.  It will be interesting to see where this auction ends up given the celebrity status.

Mark92131

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-2002tii-58/

Celebrity?  That's a minus 20% if I was in the buying mood . . . . .

• Like 1

1973 tii, agave, since 1992

1973 tii block 2763759

1967 Mustang GT fastback, since 1986

1999 Toyota 4Runner, 5 speed, ELocker, Supercharged

The famous notch came with the aluminum runners early 73 it was hand cut on the line and were some what crude, some where in the 73 run they started with a machine cut notch thats much smoother. But all tii's in that range would have the notch.

Edited by Son of Marty

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

On 4/27/2019 at 1:35 AM, Son of Marty said:

The famous notch came with the aluminum runners early 73 it was hand cut on the line and were some what crude, some where in the 73 run they started with a machine cut notch thats much smoother. But all tii's in that range would have the notch.

The firewall notches actually began with VIN 2761944 (for U.S.-spec tii’s), in early June 1972. This was the initial changeover from the problematic plastic runners and old 121 head to aluminum runners and the E12 head. But something — supply problems? — interrupted the changeover and VIN 2762015 (late June 1972) represented a return to plastic runners and 121 heads. Finally, with VIN 2762373 (end of July 1972), U.S. tii’s returned, for good, to aluminum runners and 121 heads.  Thus, later 1972 models have aluminum intake runners and E12 heads — and, hence, the notch, designed to aid the timing process when timing from the flywheel.

But the notch is a secondary result of the changeover from 121 to E12 head, and there are a few credible reports of 121 cars with notches, and a few E12 cars without notches.

Do tii clones exist, even ones with airbox brackets? You bet. But I’d want to carefully examine a car and its records before declaring a tii a “clone”, assuming it had a 276xxxx or 278xxxx VIN clearly stamped into the chassis. ?

That’s my story and I’m sticking to it....?

Regards,

Steve

Note: You probably recognize I haven’t addressed the Euro-spec tii’s, which had their own roll-out of the aluminum intake runners and E12 head, a roll-out which differed somewhat from the U.S.-spec cars: saaron’s Euro-spec tii and wegweiser’s U.S.-spec tii, for instance, were built the same day: Scott’s Euro car got aluminum runners and an E12 head while Paul’s car received plastic runners and a 121 head. ?

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)