• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any of you dye your 02 carpets before?

Searched and didn't find any threads directly related, so I'll ask here. My original carpet is in excellent condition, but has fading from the sun. Was curious if any of you have restored your carpet's original color using carpet dye or anything else similar? Looking for excellent results and will replace carpet altogether if it's the only way to correct, but starting with this inquiry to see what y'all have done... Thanks!

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

I had good luck dyeing my sunbleached carpet too.  I was able to match a spray-canned dye with my original blue, BUT I took the carpet out to do the job and, retrospectively, the prudent thing to do would have been just to bite the bullet and install new carpet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leland said:

I had good luck dyeing my sunbleached carpet too.  I was able to match a spray-canned dye with my original blue, BUT I took the carpet out to do the job and, retrospectively, the prudent thing to do would have been just to bite the bullet and install new carpet.

Do you remember what specific brand/color blue you used?

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

The color was called Navy Blue, but I don't remember where I got it.  Sorry---not much help, huh?  I do remember that it took 3 aerosol cans though, at about ten bucks per can.  I own my car to drive, not worship, so the results were perfectly acceptable, but if you are creating a 100-point car, I don't think it would be up to your standards.  Good luck!

• Like 1