• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rattle can paint close to Chamonix

Stimfig

Was this just a 2-Stage rattle can project?

I think mines single stage - I also think it’s hasn’t seen new paint in some time so will get a sample looked at to confirm what type of finish is on it at present.

Probably a sample from the engine bay where there is a bit of old paint being exposed under flaking paint and also from the rear wheel wells. Thats where I’d like to refinish whilst rear suspension is out of the car.
  • Like 1

I once bought a rattle-can of Chamonix from a BMW dealership during the early 90s.

Stay away from two stage paint. Even the best quality two stage is inferior to a good quality single stage. The clear coat on all two stage paints eventually peels. it is designed to last about 10 years on average. A good single stage will last 30-50 years and still shine.

Furthermore, two stage has that shallow artificial shine like a thin piece of glass. There is no dept to it.