• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02s and tornados

biltwok2

Mike Self & Jim Denker's houses and '02s are all safe. The bad storms were on the northern suburbs of Dayton. I have several friends there and all have checked in as OK and safe.

• Like 2

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

All is well at Chez Self--the EF3 tornado that hit Beavercreek (one of 5 that hit our part of Ohio Monday night) was about two miles north of us and did quite a bit of damage--fortunately (and miraculously) no fatalities or even serious injuries.  Jim Denker lives south and west of me, and Kettering had no damage at all.  

Thanks everyone for your concern.  

Cheers

mike & Carol

• Like 6

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

My daughter lives in Beavercreek as well, just a few miles from Mike, and had some pretty heavy damage just a mile or two from her apartment complex.  Just tree damage where she lived.  When I  spoke to her in the (early) morning she downplayed the whole thing.  She was still very sleepy.  When I talked to her in the afternoon I got a lot more information out of her.  She ended up spending a few hours in her bathroom after she received the tornado warnings on her phone.  I guess she spent at least a few hours waiting it out in the safest part of her apartment.  Glad everyone was OK and hope it doesn't happen again!  It was a little unsettling to wake up in the morning and see the headline on my phone about the destructive tornado in Dayton!

• Like 1

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

We are doing fine in Kettering. We do have an advisory to boil our drinking water, but we have no damage and our electric and gas service are intact. No trees are down in my area. No roofs are missing in my vicinity.

That being said, we are saddened to see the widespread damage and suffering brought on by the series of tornadoes on Monday night. It will take quite some time to sort out the damage and try to put things back together. We have had high winds hit our neighborhood in the past. I am yet to buy a portable generator or a chainsaw, but it seems to be a more frequent risk these days.

'75 Sahara 2002 Dieter (sold)

'14 Blazing Red Metallic Mini Cooper

'73 Sahara 2002 Franz

I was happy that where my mom is at (Hanes & Kemp) the damage went about 75 yards north of her. She lost a couple of trees (including a 60' sliver maple) but houses just north of her had roof damage. 

Koboldtopf - '67 1600-2

Einhorn - '74 tii

14 minutes ago, BarrettN said:

She lost a couple of trees (including a 60' sliver maple)

Tell your Mom I have a good tree guy if she needs that tree cut up and removed...

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite