• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Securing 2002 diff flange to E21 differential

So I have a LSD out of an E21 that I'm putting into my '73 and I was told to use my 2002 diff flanges with the E21 diff. Everything fits well enough together (using IE spacers) .

But it's interesting, my 2002 diff flanges don't have any holes for a securing bolt.  Is that right? Every manual I've seen shows the flanges are secured with an M12 bolt through the middle.   I don't know whether to be concerned or not since I drove the car with the original diff and no issues of course. 

Should I put threadlocker on the splines? Also don't know if there should be a lock ring as well where the groove is just above the splines. 

TIA

C

IMG_3515.JPG

IMG_3516.JPG

15 minutes ago, AceAndrew said:

Those are E21 flanges that have been redrilled.  They are secured via circle on the inside.  No thread locker needed.

Out of curiosity, can you post a picture of your "stock 2002 diff"?

Andrew you are correct. I've had this setup for several years and I'm just getting around to installing it. Couldn't remember which parts were which. It was the 2002 diff cover that I swapped over to the e21 case, not the flanges.

So I do not need a lock ring or anything like that? I'm good to go?

I'll post some pics of my original diff when I get home this evening. 

Thanks