• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headrests

2double02

1975 and 1976 ‘02 seats are identical, as are early e21 seats. All share narrow headrest supports and “eared” headrests, as shown below. (The example below, from my ‘76, is not for sale, but illustrates the tendency of the headrest supports to rust!) Although a pair of these should be relatively easy to score, keep in mind that other colors of vinyl can be easily and effectively re-dyed black. Just trying to make your search a bit easier.

Regards,

Steve

56D51757-1407-4570-BC92-249177ED1422.jpeg

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

• 2 weeks later...

Still looking for a set of black late headrests in excellent condition. Per Steve, early e21 will also work. PM with pics and price please. 

1960 Austin Healey Sprite | 1974 Ford Bronco | 1974 Porsche 911 | 1989 Mustang GT | 1995 Porsche 911 | 2017 Porsche 911 | Always in Search of a BMW 2002 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Brad, I have been quiet hoping someone can help you because I do have a very nice pair of black seats with equally nice headrests but you don’t need the entire seats, just the headrests. So I’m not sure how I can help you without getting stuck with good seats and no headrests. 

Edited by resra