• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

‘76 BMW 2002 pastellblau

Price: $5299

Description:

NM/NA. Could use a few more photos, but it looks solid from what is shown.  And hey, it’s an AZ car!  It has an AZ plate anyway, which is more proof than a lot of sellers offer.

https://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/d/rouses-point-vintage-1976-bmw-2002/6902620397.html

A7EB6681-ABBE-4B48-BC96-8FA8800E920E.png

• Like 1

Agreed: looks like a solid starting point.  Given the recovered seats, replaced carpets, etc., I’m not convinced this is a 75K-mile car. My starting point would be 175K miles...

Looks like the nosepiece has been replaced with a round taillight unit.

Please buy this and get some decent rims on it! ?

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

22 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Agreed: looks like a solid starting point.  Given the recovered seats, replaced carpets, etc., I’m not convinced this is a 75K-mile car. My starting point would be 175K miles...

Looks like the nosepiece has been replaced with a round taillight unit.

Please buy this and get some decent rims on it! ?

Regards,

Steve

Yes! And I'd be all over this car if I wasn't holding out for Mintgrun. (No, I won't repaint it Mintgrun. I'd do that with a roundie though)

72 Agave tii

2012 Space Grey 335i

76 Sienabraun - sold  95 M3 - sold  06 M Coupe - sold

Where's Alonzo?!

I just got done (as done as anyone ever gets anyway)  with my 75 Pastellblau. The color is awesome. Wish my starting point was as good as this one. Mine was a barn find. The barn was in worse shape than the car!

I'm with Conserv, It's most likely not a 75k car. From the pictures, the pain job is not great. Somebody needs to work on their masking tape skills. Replacing the nose isn't an easy task. If you going to cut up the door cards at least put 6.5" speakers in the holes! Seller needs some engine pics. I pray that poor little M10 doesn't still have a Solex and Thermal Nuclear Reactor weapon of mass destruction header on it. 

The car is priced accordingly however. I'd look for hidden rust and get some compression tests done. If the car can passes those 2 tests. Take it home and give it the love it deserves.

Here is my Pastellblau. Diving boards deleted. 

IMG_9607.jpg

• Like 2

The car looks exactly the same as it did on Ebay Feb 2008......76k miles, re-upholstered seats and missing passenger door trim.

The tag is AZ & last reg Mar '09. Maybe the car has been sitting for 10 years? The nose panel has been changed (it's an off-red colour in the engine bay).

Not sure Pastellblau cars came with black interior. Lot of things going on to suggest the car has been around for more than '76k miles, but, who knows?

1541969059_27422441k.jpg.af5a825afd715f0c994bdcfc1871917d.jpg

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

1 minute ago, 02Les said:

Not sure Pastellblau cars came with black interior. Lot of things going on to suggest the car has been around for more than '76k miles, but, who knows?

Some if not most did. Mine was special ordered in Gobi Tan. I changed it to black. Probably should have stuck to the original color but I had already purchased everything in black once I figured out it was a special order interior. 

37 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Some if not most did. Mine was special ordered in Gobi Tan. I changed it to black. Probably should have stuck to the original color but I had already purchased everything in black once I figured out it was a special order interior. 

Most of the Pastellblau cars in my database have either Marine Blue or Gobi Tan interiors. The few that are black are mostly modded/refurb'd cars & thus not sure of originality.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

On 6/23/2019 at 12:14 PM, 02Les said:

Most of the Pastellblau cars in my database have either Marine Blue or Gobi Tan interiors. The few that are black are mostly modded/refurb'd cars & thus not sure of originality.

+1

I’m voting with Les on the factory interior color issue! ?

Back in the day, Marine Blue appeared to be most common; Nylon Brown (a.k.a. Beige) was the second runner up.  

All the square taillight era paint and upholstery brochures (August 1974 illustrated below) show Marine Blue as the default color. This is not always dispositive, but it actually reflects what I saw during the era. And, admittedly... before Vintage 2018, I would have said No-Friggin-Way there was a Black factory interior in a Pastelblau car, but... see the second photo below.... ?

(I’m also trying to “transition” the interior color discussion to color names actually used by BMW. What does that mean? “Gobi Tan” is a World Upholstery color, fleshier, in my opinion than the original Nylon Brown, a.k.a, Beige. BMW consistently used “Nylon Brown” for the light brown square taillight color on window stickers, and used “Beige” on the paint and upholstery brochures. Below, the third photo, is an example of such a window sticker, with original Nylon Brown upholstery in the background. Pretty clever presentation... no? ?)

Best regards,

Steve

E92CDAC1-18C9-4E81-B759-CBD8C1E97919.jpeg

3B6714A2-0166-4A36-B0CD-5E43D6B3662E.jpeg

A8B22EEE-37F1-430A-A8B0-AAB07A153492.jpeg

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 1

Blue on blue seems a little much but hey it was the 70's. I think we talked about this a few months ago Steve. The Nylon Brown was defiantly an option. I love this kind of stuff. This furthers your thought that nylon brown was the name that BMW used. What did they call the Tobacco color everyone refers too? 

IMG_0762.thumb.jpg.c1f54ec089e0b34f8a9e04d03bbd687d.jpg

2 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Blue on blue seems a little much but hey it was the 70's. I think we talked about this a few months ago Steve. The Nylon Brown was defiantly an option. I love this kind of stuff. This furthers your thought that nylon brown was the name that BMW used. What did they call the Tobacco color everyone refers too? 

IMG_0762.thumb.jpg.c1f54ec089e0b34f8a9e04d03bbd687d.jpg

For the square taillight era, we have window stickers that specify interior color names, paint and upholstery brochures that specify interior color names, and parts books that specify interior color names.

For the round taillight era, we have only parts books that specify interior color names and I believe they only refer to Black, Marine (Navy) Blue, Gray, and Brown....

So not much help with this “Chocolate”, Saddle”, and “Tobacco” thing that befuddles me!

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv