• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How far does this go....on BaT

joysterm

18 hours ago, tomphot said:

I’ve always been a no sunroof guy.  At 6’6”, I can always use all the headroom I can get!  My ‘85 911 is a Euro model without sunroof, pretty rare as all USA models and most Euro models had sunroofs.  Gives me an extra 2” and I can drive without my head rubbing the headliner.  Never driven a 2002 with sunroof but I imagine it’s one of the only cars I wouldn’t have that problem with.

+1 on the headroom benefits of slicktops.  When we did Sputter’s resto, we lowered the seats an inch for the same reason.

74 2002tii (Sputter) - Not entirely stock - Over 18K miles since full restoration in 2014

15 BMW X5 diesel (the bombed out roads of Houston finally won)

On 6/26/2019 at 11:57 AM, AceAndrew said:

Thanks to the buzz by mintgrun, crises was averted this day.

48133803117_df559f3200_c.jpg

Nice.  All up I think someone is going to get a nice car for a great price.  Appears to be a buyers market at the moment.  And no reserve to boot.

All the fiddly things are just great little DIY projects for the buyer if they are so inclined.  I could spend a few hours with a roll of Tesa tape and a couple of cold ones.  What fun!

73 Inka Tii #2762958

1 hour ago, 02Les said:

There's a lot of "crinkly" paint in the engine bay (inner fenders). Wonder what it's covering.

1973_bmw_2002tii_1559343876e15ab0IMG_0152.thumb.jpg.683f856274a031d851509631c986b3b0.jpg

It’s all over both inner fenders, Les, which is why I attached one of these engine compartment photos to my first post. I had the impression that someone sprayed body color over undercoating (not primer) or body schutz. ?

I assumed — although without specific knowledge — that this was part of the 1986 color change. There is a lot of black undercoating, of indeterminate age, on components that were original, Agave, or “sloppy Agave” (e.g., the chassis).

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

$36k.  The dude that said he was for sure buying it bailed at $33k.  

No idea what that means.  I'm just the messenger.  

Scott

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

Sold for $36,000  Well  I would have expected a little more despite a few negatives 

Seeing it in person may have chanced my thoughts The biggest concern being the 33 year old color change of questionable quality by today's standards

17 minutes ago, rstclark said:

Sold for $36,000  Well  I would have expected a little more despite a few negatives 

Seeing it in person may have chanced my thoughts The biggest concern being the 33 year old color change of questionable quality by today's standards

Wow: that was a great deal for $36K, plus BAT fees.  Drive it proudly as is until you feel Iike restoring it, or selling it....

Didn’t a rusted out, clapped out, Inka tii sell a couple years ago on BAT for more than $20K?

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Dramatically different market today (for most classics/collectibles) vs even 2-3 years ago. Great time to be a buyer, not so much if you have to sell now. Having said that, I still thought this would do $15-20K more.

• Like 1

Definitely a deal and perhaps there is seller's remorse in having a no reserve auction. If you work the numbers backwards you wouldn't recreate it. As an odd coincidence 30 mininutes prior a color change 246GTS went for 352K+ buyers fee. 

54 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Didn’t a rusted out, clapped out, Inka tii sell a couple years ago on BAT for more than $20K?

People lose their minds over that color.  

Overall, I guess I could have seen that car going for a bit more and I wouldn't have been surprised.  Sure looked nice to me - kind of my sweet spot - nice, but not "afraid to drive it" nice.  

I might have preferred the Wheeler Dealers one for the same price.  

Really I just want my tii back...

Scott

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

02ing since '87

'72 tii Euro  //  '21 330i x //  '14 BMW X5  //  '12 VW Jetta GLI

certainly thought this one would have fetched just as much if not more than the 72slick top Tii that was flogged back in December by a less than reputable individual.  Looking back at the history of these cars it looks like the market has moved back to 2016-17 pricing .....maybe too early to call.

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 2