• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Turbo sighting

LB72

This morning around 10am, I saw a flatbed hauling a Turbo 02 down 7th St. in Long Beach, heading to the 405 S. I was able to catch up to him and snap a few pics. 52f647523c267c2ef3d84c19eda64c59.jpg758e1f7444dcef43b4be828b3506352c.jpg5fcd09307d07e075918420a98ee352c3.jpg1c3ad8b5e24f470a20c98911ffcfce1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 7

'72 2580905

Given the open front vent window as well, I’m thinking this beautiful thing encountered a... system failure, known among lesser vehicles as a “breakdown”.... ?

No time for an enclosed trailer; just get it to someplace safe! ?

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

47 minutes ago, VWJake said:

Is it just me or does that front wheel look too far forward in the well? Those tie downs look like they’re twisting the air dam upwards as well. 

Cool sighting none the less.

I was thinking the same thing...

It looks to be anchored down at the rear too... hopefully the tow driver didn't hook it thu the front control arm/hub and crank it down with the come-along or winch, Medieval 'Rack' torture style!

Edited by 2002Scoob

Given the open front vent window as well, I’m thinking this beautiful thing encountered a... system failure, known among lesser vehicles as a “breakdown”.... ?

No time for an enclosed trailer; just get it to someplace safe! ?

Breakdown!!! BMW'S never breakdown lol. It only takes 5 mins to close all the windows and it's a great workout for your arms.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

I'm thinking this one:

https://www.europeancollectibles.com/vehicles/315/1973-bmw-2002-turbo

"they" call it a '73, but it's a squaretail .....

Cheers,

Carl

The one on the truck looks (to me) like Polaris, not Chamonix.

• Like 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good day, saw two cars today running errands around Redondo Beach.  First saw a tricked out blue square tail with box flares, and later in the afternoon saw a beautiful restored looking Touring in FFFerona, both within blocks of my home.  I would have taken pics but using my phone while driving would be against the law.