• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Manufacturers Paint Numbers for Inka Orange

Brakey

FYI All Inka is not the same, I used a shop that does many SEMA cars, their paint supplier provided an INKA that is slightly lighter but nowhere near Colorado. When we looked under the weather stripping it looked ok but on full spray it's a little light. At SoCal vintage I saw another restoration in a identical Inka with the shop saying the same thing.

Old slightly darker than Inka respray:

IMG_3178.JPG.ad003976815e48d7cf34fc493381ed17.JPG

New:

IMG_3318.thumb.JPG.b0b2854a31789855a07938d51fb2c556.JPG

• Like 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Top car is closer to the inka I’m familiar with...picture is of four month old Glasuit paint that is original supplier.

BEEB19EE-65C2-4BD1-99FB-AFF22C5217C2.jpeg

167EE5B7-D6BB-46A3-A549-43748C2D9E0E.jpeg

• Like 2

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

So,for future use, why not have the painter match the paint on the inner trunk lid? Usually they can use spray cards to do that. And with Inka being a single stage color, at least OE matching shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I had a similar situation with my Taiga wherein the painter started spraying Sherwin Williams SINGLE Stage on the body (I had contracted for Glasurit two stage) before I got there to approve it and I had to stop him as it was so wrong; not just the color but the type of metal flake as well. I had to remove the car and then take it to a Glasurit shop where they matched the inside of the trunk and then resprayed the car. I was told at the time that the Taiga color coat was about 80% clear, but it has held up for over 25 years.

That cost a bundle as not many shops want to fix another shops' mistrake.

I suspect that when I have my Chamonix car resprayed, I will have to do it again as there seems to be several variants in that color too.

yes I know that the paint stores can match a paint color by taking a photo of it with a special tool they have. I had them match the paint on my 47 MG TC.

The problem is that this is a color change and the vehicle is in full grey primer.

• 2 months later...
On 7/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, 2002#3 said:

When I return home in a few days I can send you the PPG codes from the original cans.

Larry

ldgray@fuse.net

@2002#3 can you please reply or PM me with the PPG 2 stage Inka paint codes. I'm about to go into body and paint on mine. 

Much appreciated, James

1987 Porsche 944 Turbo (sold)
1973 Mintgrun 2002 "Kermit" (sold)

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

1986 VW Vanagon Syncro Weekender "Otto Van Gonzo"

James, sorry I did not follow through with my promise in July  to provide PPG paint code  or at least my version of Inca. It was obtained by a scan of the inside of the trunk lid.  I apologize.   I am out of the country and will return on September 30. Will make a note to find the paint code and send it right away. Hope it’s not too late  for your purpose.    

Larry

• 1 month later...

@2002#3 

Larry, any updates on dining the ppg paint codes? I'm going into paint in the next couple of weeks and want to get some test swatches sprayed to evaluate. Any info you could provide would be great.

By chance, do you think the shop that did the work saved their mix specifications? 

Thanks, James

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

I finally gave up trying to get an accurate paint code for Inka Orange. The Chart shown above may be fairly accurate but the paint manufacturers are not supporting those codes. I finally gave up and painted my car with the commercial orange that looks very close to Inka Orange.

I think the only paint company that can mix Inka orange in Acrylic Enamel is Nason (budget brand for Dupont).

PPG only mixes it in Acrylic Laquer for some reason.

James,

I sent you via PM photos of paint codes on my paint cans as soon as I returned.  Maybe they did not go for some reason.  Sorry you not receive them.  I will re-photo the labels today and send the info to you today.  Promise.  My pleasure to help. 

Larry

Thanks Larry, that might have been around the time that the site went down and stuff got lost in the shuffle. I'll PM you my mobile and please text when you get the time. Much appreciated. 

James

1973 Inka 2002 "Ernie"

Inka Inka Standard Orange BMW PAINT code is 22

https://bimmertips.com/bmw-oem-paint-code-list/

Glasurit 22 Line is single stage paint and is equivalent to original paint 

https://www.glasurit.com/uk/node/21618

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/paint-bodywork-detailing-forum/777265-buy-glasurit-22-line-online-mail-order.html

76 2002 Sienabraun

2015 BMW F10

James,

Here you go.  I hope the following info is helpful.  Remember:  It's only one '02 owner's attempt to recreate Inka.  I might have wanted just a tiny touch more red(dish); however, my paint dude did a superb job and I like the color.  To quote most TV ads, "Your results could vary."  Listen to your paint dudes...

PHOTO 1:  PPG Deltron 2000 DBC.  Acrylic enamel.  The paint I used.  

• "PPG DELTRON 2000 (DBC) Basecoat is a state-of-the-art, premium quality basecoat/clearcoat system designed to provide outstanding color match for today’s OEMfinishes. DBC Basecoat is easy to spray and performs well in all shop environments.  Deltron 2000 (DBI) Interior color was developedfor interior and underhood color matching purposes. It is mixed directly from the Deltron Mixing System.  DBI must be reduced with the appropriate DTReducer and does not require clearcoat."

PHOTO 2:  Label of paint in Photo 1.

PHOTO 3:  PPG OMNI MAE.  Acrylic enamel.  The paint the same auto paint store sold me when I returned months later to buy some more paint in case I needed to do touch-ups.  Perhaps PPG went a little direction?  I think it requires a clearcoat.

• "The Omni® system offers performance and value for the cost conscious repair shop, with a complete range of refinish products from pre-treatments to topcoats. The system is capable of mixing topcoat qualities with a wide choice of primers and clears, creating a unique system for various operational and cost considerations. An extension to the basic Omni® basecoat system are Omni® Plus products. This extension consists of high-strength toners, special effect diamond toners, a basecoat converter and a mixing clear—all designed to elevate the color matching accuracy, hiding power and performance of the Omni® line."

PHOTO 4: 

Label of paint in Photo 3.

PHOTO 5: Photo of the raw paint in the cans and in sunlight.  Photographed today.

Regards,

Larry

IMG_0425.thumb.jpeg.1e07ee027c9031ae571052eed5a0e1f9.jpeg

PHOTO 1:  IMG_0426.thumb.jpeg.060c28eea24cfbd7880e98c5bc6d45e0.jpegIMG_0427.thumb.jpeg.1e17742f0ded7201cb64621a92d1c365.jpegIMG_0428.thumb.jpeg.4192c2e6c35916b6cb055e457ff1e8cc.jpegIMG_0431.thumb.jpeg.4f4de221f3d8dcbd13406a7dbd5f49e8.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 7/11/2019 at 10:27 AM, 2002#3 said:

Photos below might be helpful:  different lighting views of two-stage PPG automotive paint matched to BMW Inka code 022.  Away now.  When I return home in a few days I can send you the PPG codes from the original cans.

Larry

ldgray@fuse.net

IMG_7856.thumb.jpg.03eef65a10c3ab5d9b461d50e5ca71d0.jpgPA290086.thumb.jpg.c4cbde5b1a71c684babe67d5cafd66e2.jpgIMG_7068.thumb.jpg.7c2b89575b2c88bac50df850b08c34ad.jpgIMG_7659.thumb.jpeg.d452afdacb5874705147efd220ffbfb1.jpeg

That cold start harness looks good