• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Odd issue with my repaired ODO

Roverguy

These devices are somewhat complicated. I had to completely disassemble the one in my 2000CS after I “fixed” it. ?

I didn’t quite get it back together correctly and ended up with all the guts on the workbench sorting it out. I don’t recommend this... But I did get it working again. 

C2833C21-CE1E-490E-A4EF-6DB973566A67.thumb.jpeg.e191bf07de793a546cb64f620496b91f.jpeg

C42854A5-49DF-4037-A4F8-0AD6EB3D59CA.thumb.jpeg.4b6dfd88043bc3e7d78da376deaef6c2.jpeg

Each numeric wheel is a clamshell affair with independent halves, each half driven by the center shaft and/or the tiny brass levers and cogs within the wheel. Note the tiny V spring providing tension on the brass levers. I now understand why Hollywood Speedometers gets so much money to fix these!

Good luck with yours..

0976AF22-DADF-4B52-AA23-0471D1C5FBCE.thumb.jpeg.228ce580e5e7d1d2f0c69c63374500f1.jpeg

Ed Z

• Thanks 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Success!

After 3 assembly dis assemblies I got it right.

I believe I mis read the directions and had made the marr on the shaft under the last mile wheel which caused it to turn the same as the trip 10th.

Cleaned it up, marred the shaft under where the grey gear runs.

Biggest PITA is if you let the temporary pin slip down the #s won't mesh with the drive gear, when you align it to the drive gear it could be off a tooth.

Make sure you check the #s while the temp shaft is in.

You can wiggle it and push the drive gear on the offending # to the side and rotate it with a dental pick.

A little trial and error, because sometimes it looks aligned in the window, but then it moves a hair when it meshes with the gear.

Ask me how I know.

One last ?, speedo is kind of noisy and reads 10% fast, could it be the drum rubbing on the needle drive and causing it to spin faster than the magnet would?

Running 195-60-14, so don't think that's it. Will have to do the calcs.

Thanks for the help gang!

• Like 1

G. Hamilton

North of Boston

'74 02 - Former Cali car