• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Engine Music - Volume 2

M3M3

this weekend I instructed  with  NJBMWCCA on the Summit Point Main track.  faster than the Shenandoah.  got some tail view and bumper view footage during instructor only run group sessions.  I failed on the in car footage...forgot to turn it on for the session I had it in the car.  doh!

tail view.  get to see several cars going backwards...M cars, BRZ's, BMW race cars, and.....a Ferrari at the end! ?

and front bumper view.  this time it was on the right side of bumper in front of headlight.  it is a clockwise track so this view gets the most apex views.

on the car performance side...the air temps this weekend were 100 in paddock.  115 on the track.  HOT! and HUMID!  zero engine heat problems.  water temp barely over half on the stock gauge, oil temps at 210.  

had the wrong diff in the car.  left the 4.10 in the car after the Vintage.  should have put the 4.44 in the car.  4.10 just has no "punch" out of the turns and is painful on the main straight.  oh well.  was still fun!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2xM3

8 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

What exhaust is that car sounds great

custom stainless 2.5in.  borla muffler as "resonator".  two rear sections, a 6in can as street muffler, and a 4in can as track muffler.

street muffler

20161127_115241.jpg

center section

20161127_115400.jpg

side by side

DSCN5647.jpg

• Like 1

2xM3

8 hours ago, iinca said:

that's music to my ears.

You hit a buck twenty though...what's it like going 120 in a 2002? Is it like going

back to the Future?

LOL!  i should mount a blender on the roof...

rock solid at 120 in this car.   no real aerodynamic aids.  suspension setup is critical.

with the 4.44 diff i am usually closer to 130 on the main straight.

• Thanks 1

2xM3