• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New 2002 Owner, I have so many questions

ADDvanced

13 hours ago, ADDvanced said:

Gotta say, as a car person coming from a lot of other forums, it's kind of stupid you guys don't have an organized FAQ.  I mean....for comparison, here's my UrS6 Faq:

https://forums.quattroworld.com/s4s6/msgs/15184.phtml

You guys need something like this, it makes finding information WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY easier.

2 days here and calling us "stupid" lol.

There's plenty of articles and info. Search every time you have an issue or question without hesitation.

It's more empowering to SEARCH and accomplish something by yourself. Were ANALOG here...not DIGITAL. No babysitting

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, ADDvanced said:

I'm not calling anyone stupid.

I'm saying IT is stupid, that a website that has FAQ in the name does not actually have a FAQ.  Pretty much ever car forum has one, even shitty cars like dodge neons:  https://faq.neons.org/faq/index.html

All the articles and threads are organized into one main list so somemone can get up to speed, fast.

You are flogging a dead horse my friend.  This website has evolved from doing that 17 years ago - the other sites are yet to catch up with this one in terms of quality and utility.  This site is the best source of information available of the web about these cars bar none and it is all provided for the princely sum of... nothing (bar some advertising - you can choose to support if you like and get rid of those as well).  

Many people seem to have a problem with searching this site but a bit of practice with the search function or the use of Google site search typically overcomes that.  This gives you access to many years of deliberations and info from some of the smartest minds associated with these cars - this is an invaluable reference tool.

Still, as has been pointed out you are welcome to start a thread based on whatever you want if you think we are missing something. Nobody likes it when a guest to your home immediately starts criticising your carpets and curtains but people who roll up their sleeves and contribute are always welcome!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

YES it's not a perfect website but it's the BEST as far as 2002's go

You might have to push a few more buttons but you'll find very

comprehensive answers to every question.

Anyway I was half kidding when I posted that....but

Now write "2002 FAQ is not stupid" on the blackboard 100 times

and bring everyone an apple tomorrow

Edited by iinca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Top of this page, left side is a tab called Articles. Click on that and then Technical Articles. That's pretty much the FAQ. If it's not there, google search your item, or ask here.

Yes, you actually have to do some homework but it's the most helpful and friendly forum I've experienced. This is a great bunch of people who love their 02's. You're welcome to become one of us, or not. Up to you.

• Like 2

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

12 hours ago, Simeon said:

This gives you access to many years of deliberations and info from some of the smartest minds associated with these cars 

I don't think you are talking about Ray. 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Haha 2

But what do I know

Okay, small update, cleaned the hell out of this thing last weekend, vacuumed out tons of actual DIRT and sticks from the trunk, surprisingly no rust and spare tire well is decent, and covered all engine electricals with plastic and sprayed the engine down with engine degreaser foam, and pressure washed the engine compartment.  Was absolutely filthy, still is, but it's a lot better.   One problem:  Now the car is completely dead.  Won't crank, shows no signs of life.  Yay.  Going to search the forums for an answer...

IMG_4273.JPG

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4282.JPG

IMG_4284.JPG

• Like 3

It is cleaning up nicely!  Water and electrical don't mix so start with basic troubleshooting, battery, starter connections, etc. Search can be challenging to get exactly what you want but it's usually there. Everyone's no start issue is different it seems. Every time I go looking for what I want I get a lesson on what I didn't know. There are thousands of years of collective wisdom in there from people who have worked on these cars. Like a gift from the gods!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

75 2002 polaris 2365430

88 325ix zinnoberrot